• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. SuckSmoothie

P5P's connection with CBS and MAO-A

I've dropped most B vits and focused on rebuilding the gut with N-acetyl glucosamine (NAG) and phospholipids. I've stuck to high dose sodium, B12, folate, biotin, lithium before bed and a small dose of a B1 analogue called allithiamine. I get my other B's through diet and this has worked out for...
  2. SuckSmoothie

Active B12 Protocol Basics

Hello all, are you taking your methylfolate with food or on an empty stomach? I heard something about increased folate absorption with food, I tried it with a snack and felt sudden heart palpitations and increased energy with it. I'm already taking b12 along with all the other necessary...
  3. SuckSmoothie

It's trial and error. I take 60mg of mb12 and 24mg of folate but no potassium. Potassium gives me a debilitating brain fog because it's a b12 antagonist, I feel noticeably weaker after I take it so I skip it.
  4. SuckSmoothie

Hello jengonwin I've also had problems with adenob12, but my side effect has mostly been fatigue related. From what I've read, adenob12 is already converted mb12 for the Citric acid cycle. There's a possibility you have no problems converting methyl to adenob12 and adding extra adenob12 upset...
  5. SuckSmoothie

I also just remembered that I took a small scoop of BCAA's in the mornings that contained Betaine Anhydrous and Citruline and AAKG. I already take 7200mg of Betaine HCL with pepsin split into 4 doses with protein, I also have several NOS1,2 and 3 snps. Can any of this be causing my dreaded...
  6. SuckSmoothie

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm waiting on Benfotiamine to arrive in the mail, but in the meantime I'm trying thiamine HCL out. So far no side effects that I'm aware of, I've been taking it at night to prevent any interactions with b12 On a side note to anyone who can help me out, my fatigue...
  7. SuckSmoothie

I've been taking 13mg a day, it's working well for me
  8. SuckSmoothie

ive had good, but short lived experiences with sulbiutamine. It makes me feel great at first and then the nice effects fade away and are replaced by mild anxiety. I'm using it to treat my b1 deficiency but if there's an active form of B1 I'd rather use that! I tried thiamine mononitrate and it...
  9. SuckSmoothie

Update on my methylation protocol I've been taking 45mg of mb12 and 18mg of mfolate and feeling wonderful for the past few weeks. I started addressing a few B-vit deficiencies from my nutreval tests by supplementing B1 in the form of sulbiutamine and Biotin, both of which showed up low on my...
  10. SuckSmoothie

Injected b12 and gluthanione never sat right with me. I remember standing up after the shot and it felt like I got hit with a bad hangover. I walked in fine into the docs office and left worse. Modern medicine in a nutshell
  11. SuckSmoothie

Thanks that was helpful. Another q: does the intracellular potassium level out in the long run when you've dialed in your b12 and folate dose? I've been needing less and less potassium nowadays and I see some people using outrageous b12 doses with just 200mg of supplemental potassium a day. My...
  12. SuckSmoothie

I have several MTR +/+ and MTRR +/+ SNP's so my B12 demand is high, and I threw in extra folate to balance out the B12 (oddly enough, I have no MTHFR snp's but I don't really feel the effects of b12 while its in my mouth until I take mfolate) Trial and error got me to this dose, lower doses...
  13. SuckSmoothie

Out of curiosity, what is everyone's potassium intake like? I've been taking 60mg of mb12 with 24mg of mfolate every day alongside low sodium v8 high in potassium, and I've noticed that whenever I feel fatigue, instead of drinking potassium once I pop another dose of b12 I feel significantly...
  14. SuckSmoothie

I never reacted well to hydroxy, but that's besides the point. A lot of people wanna get the best out of their b12 so setting the conditions for maximal absorption should be a given to anyone who's "hardcore" about their methylation, such as myself and most of us on this forum ;)
  15. SuckSmoothie

Hey all, I was experimenting with B12 and Folate but didn't have any luck for a while, as a matter of fact I only felt fatigue and nausea during the protocol. Digging through threads I found studies on how light degrades methylb12 into hydroxyb12 with just minimal exposure to light and I was...
  16. SuckSmoothie

Too much B12 and Folate?

This is a little off topic, but has anyone notice a weird spot-like pattern on b12 lozenges when they're left out? I have a bottle of Jarrows 5mg b12 lozenges and if I leave them out for a while they become spotted... Is the lozenge being degraded by the light and oxygen? Or is that just...
  17. SuckSmoothie

Too much B12 and Folate?

I might try sublingually once I buy powder mfolate, as of now I have solid tabs and they've been working fine but I'm gonna experiment by going a little higher whenever I feel the onset lethargy and fatigue, thanks!
  18. SuckSmoothie

Too much B12 and Folate?

I don't think I know my body well enough to understand how my possible folate deficiency symptoms manifest. What are your symptoms?
  19. SuckSmoothie

Too much B12 and Folate?

Believe it or not high doses have been working the best for me, it's resolved most of my constant fatigue/brain fog and speech slurring, I first noticed those effects when I got ballsy and tried 1mg of b12 and 5mg of folate one night after feeling inspired from reading a Freddd post. Before that...
  20. SuckSmoothie

Too much B12 and Folate?

how much is considered too much b12 and folate? I'm currently taking: -12mg of adenob12 first thing in the morning with 400mg of LCF -45mg of methylb12 split evenly into three doses of 15mg -15mg of methylfolate split evenly into three doses of 5mg -600mg of supplemental potassium split...
  21. SuckSmoothie

MB12 and Methylfolate once a week?

Update: my body was desperately asking me for b12 in the form of extreme fatigue just an hour after waking up with 300mg of caffeine in my system already. I think dosing b12/folate once a week looks nice on paper but just impossible for people with ME/CFS This is a little irrelevant, but do you...
  22. SuckSmoothie

MB12 and Methylfolate once a week?

As the title implies, I'm wondering if it's a good idea to supplement a larger dose of mb12, adeno and folate once a week as opposed to hourly doses. Before b12 and folate: no energy, constantly fatigued, high homocysteine (haven't retested) lethargy, more frequent word slurring, dizzyness...
  23. SuckSmoothie

No love of B2 here - a warning about riboflavin

Hi all, i recently had an Organic Acids Test from Nutreval and it showed high B2 in my body, whether it's inactive or active B2 I don't know. I tried taking a bit of r5p last night (4mg) to see if I can get p5p to work for me again. This morning I was glued to my bed, woke up very tired and...
  24. SuckSmoothie

FWIW adenob12 made me hella wired but I mega dosed it when I first received it (I took six 3mg pills hoping for the nice effect of megadosed folate...) to ramp up the healing process, but only left me feeling overstimulated. Idk if overstimulation is part of the healing process, but I've read...
  25. SuckSmoothie

B12 and Folate fast titration, side effects and dosing

Thanks for the kind words, it's all about getting past that mental block when it comes to high doses and the fear that comes with it. I have LCF on hand but adeno coming in the mail, is it ok to start one without the other?
  26. SuckSmoothie

I actually don't get any magnesium from food, i have a very limited diet of brown rice, steak, chicken, sweet potato, occasional deli meats, no veggies, no dairy, no gluten or wheat. Whenever I eat fish and avocado I get a little magnesium, but avocado is high in folinic so I'm avoiding it for...
  27. SuckSmoothie

You are leagues ahead of me then, I can't tell my symptoms apart as I'm drowning in a bottomless pit of supplements at the moment lol. How does a folate and magnesium deficiency feel? My blood serum magnesium was pretty high, but that's before I started methylation. I dropped my intake from 1.5g...
  28. SuckSmoothie

So I bit the bullet and decided to start methylation. I was feeling terrible on low doses (>500mcg b12 and 200mcg folate) and I read somewhere on this board @Freddd's experiences with high doses of both mb12 and folate. I decided "what the heck?" and shot gunned 4.8mg of folate and 1mg of mb12...
  29. SuckSmoothie

Low Morning Cortisol. Always foggy

According to my MD my cortisol is on the lower side of the range which explains my fatigue. I'm guessing my calcium is high due to thyroid issues, calcitonin works with the parathyroid hormone to regulate calcium and intracellular magnesium, both of which happen to be high. I don't take any form...
  30. SuckSmoothie

Low Morning Cortisol. Always foggy

Hi all, so I got a little ballsy after reading up on @Freddd threads and high dose folate, and popped 4mg's of methylfolate along with 1mg b12 from one go. My fatigue instantly lifted, I've had crazy energy, borderline manic, for the past three hours and it's been fantastic. I was dosing 1mcg...