• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. WiseMonkey

chronic sore throat

Mine started with a throat infection End of Sept 2017 then 3 lots of antibiotics later the infection has gone but the sore throat is still there! The cough has some what subsided (except for when I wake up), but the sore throat can change sides as well. I've had cfs for 40 years and am a...
  2. WiseMonkey

Poll: Which symptoms do you have on a regular basis?

That's called costochondritis
  3. WiseMonkey

Oesophageal spasm, anybody?

I've just started back on the protein Betaine HCL enzymes and I think it's helping. I'd been taking the multi digestive enzymes but I'm pretty sure I have low stomach acid. I also bought a bottle of soda water which is helping with the burps (the burps relieve the spasms). I do have some caraway...
  4. WiseMonkey

Oesophageal spasm, anybody?

Yes, I'm having a bad time with these at present, the nagging pain goes through my chest to upper back. I had my first one when I was in my mid 30's now 59. The latest ones have been more persistent, sticking around for a few weeks. I've had a gastroscopy, all fine in oesophagus and stomach. I...