• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

If you are in the Atlanta, GA area and need help with shopping or food prep

Hi Tudiemoore! Grace is still cooking for me. She comes to my place once a week. I believe she only provides cooking, food shopping, and food prep services but I will ask her to make sure. I don’t know of anyone off hand who does around the house stuff, but I can keep and eye/ear out. Are you...
  2. C

If you are in the Atlanta, GA area and need help with shopping or food prep

Hi All, If you are in the Atlanta, GA area, and are struggling with the challenge of cooking and/or prepping enough fresh healthy meals, I would really like to recommend a woman named Grace. She helped me tremendously when I was transitioning from my parents home to living on my own again...
  3. C

Temporary side effects from increased blood volume?

Thanks so much for your response! Yes, I do take some potassium too and monitor my electrolytes w/ periodic blood tests.
  4. C

Temporary side effects from increased blood volume?

Has anyone experienced fatigue when increasing their salt intake? Ive been on Florinef for over a year now, and my doc and I decided to increase my salt intake by just 1/4 a teaspoon a day - just bc I'm still having symptoms of low blood volume. since doing so my blood pressure is a little...
  5. C

Valtrex and increased heart rate?

Yeah, valtrex did not work out for me. Honestly, the ANS REWIRE program has helped me more than any medication ever did. It's not a quick fix, but I've gone from being bedridden living at my parents place to moving back to my own place in four months. I would recommend this video series to...
  6. C

Trying t3 only thyroid treatment...who's been there?

I think my doc may agree w you about the adrenals. I'm off the t3 for now trying to make them stronger first. Thanks for the help!
  7. C

Great info @Rlman thanks! Ive put a call in to the integrative doctor I'm seeing. He hasn't gotten back to me yet, but I'm guessing he will agree with you and say that either my adrenals aren't supported enough or that I need to up the dose. I don't have any autoimmune antibodies - no hashi...
  8. C

It's me again - sorry I know this is probably boring for those of you who are way beyond it or have tried t3 only and it didn't work...no need to respond. Just following up for people who may want to search t3 reactions to see what's happened to others. I have been all over the place w my...
  9. C

Sorry @jlynx that you haven't had better luck. Did you try going up on the dose? So far the t3 is working out ok for me. gives me a little boost. I can't handle the adrenal cortex though. Tried twice now - it makes me wired then later I crash and become weak and nauseous. But you would think...
  10. C

Thank you guys the input! And I'm definitely going to look into that book
  11. C

@mermaid and @ahmo, I took my first time released t3 this morning. (10mg liothyronine). I'm feeling a touch of uncomfortable jitteriness - it's not horrible but noticeable. Can the t3 actually be working this fast, or am I maybe just having slight anxiety? Did either of you have any transient...
  12. C

Mermaid, Thanks for your detailed response as well! Yeah, at this point I'm not expecting any treatment to be THE answer... Just looking for something that will nudge me in the right direction, and right now my t3 is pretty low so we will see... That is horrible about the medication price...
  13. C

Ahmo, Thank you so much for that detailed response! Glad to know the t3 and glandulars helped.
  14. C

My Free T3 levels are pretty low right now, even slightly lower than the traditional endocrinologist range. So I'm working with an integrated doctor and we are trying a compounded t3 only medication - starting very low at only 10mcg This doctor also claims that I must take adrenal cortex...
  15. C

Doctors in Wilington, NC

Sparklehoof, I also go to hunter Hopkins. I had to pay out of pocket, but then I submitted to insurance afterwards and got reimbursed for about a third of it. Even though they don't take insurance up front, they have tons of experience dealing w insurance companies so they will give you all...
  16. C

Thank you so much for your response! My resting heart rate has now gone back down but I have so many other symptoms that seem to have become worse on valtrex....anxiety, very exaggerated fight or flight response, weakness, faintness, etc. I'm at week 6 now. I wish I knew if this was some sort...
  17. C

Florinef questions

I think you both might like this website. It helped me a lot when I had questions about Florinef http://potsgrrl.blogspot.com/2011/08/florinef-oh-florinef-how-i-love-thee.html?m=1
  18. C

Florinef questions

Justin, I would definitely give Florinef a try! My POTS isn't perfect, but it got so much better w Florinef It takes a couple of weeks being on .1 mg to feel any affect, so if you are titrating up it could be a little while before you feel better but it's very worth it if it does work for you...
  19. C

Has anyone experienced slight heart palpitations and tachycardia while taking valtrex? I am only on 1 gram a day (for about 3 weeks now) but about thirty minutes after I take the pill, my heart rate goes up a lot I can take a beta blocker and it will get a little better, but just wondering if...