• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Tryptophan

Hi. Does l tryptophan cause palpitations or not? I have POTS and is very sensitive, but could benefit from mood and anxiety effects!
  2. M

beta blockers, could they be the cause of mast cell issues?

Im going to ask my doctor for verapamil. My POTS actually started after a colonscopy without analgesic. Before that I only had a high heart rate with some "attacks", then when I got home from the hospital afterwards, the palpitations just wouldnt stop.
  3. M

beta blockers, could they be the cause of mast cell issues?

Hi About 8-9 months ago I started to develop food intolerances, which I later identified as mast cell problems. I havent been diagnosed yet. I also have POTS and other heart related problems, which come from use of neuroleptics. Ive read elsewhere on the internet, that mast cell activation...