• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

PIP Appeal Today - Any Tips?

I won :) I was awarded enhanced rate care . I can't believe it - and the relief it's all over! The panel were lovely even though I cried all the way through and forgot most of what I was saying . Does anyone know what happens next?
  2. C

PIP Appeal Today - Any Tips?

I have my PIP appeal today . Eek ! I was awarded 6 points in total - I only want / need a further 2 points as I feel I'm entitled to standard care. I have a last minute bit of evidence that the judge may or may not accept ! Any tips ? :)
  3. C

PIP refused for CFS - worth appealing?

I received my letter today advising that I haven't been successful for PIP. I scored 6 points for daily living and 4 points for mobility . I got 0 points for cognitive function - possibly because I managed to spell world backwards and remembered 3 words ! This does not accurately reflect my...
  4. C

I'm a newbie - help appreciated !

thank you again for the replies . I'm going to apply once I get all the diagnosis paperwork back from my consultant . I've heard these claims can take weeks so in the meantime I'm going to return to my normal working hours and pray that I don't have another crash ! Thank you all for the support .
  5. C

Thank you both for the replies . I've had a look at ESA and I definately do not qualify for that - even with a reduction in hours . I might be able to claim PIP but again, it's the application - there doesn't seem to be any scope for fluctuating symptoms . It's more "can you dress yourself "...
  6. C

Hi I'm after some advice . A few days ago I was diagnosed with CFS by a consultant at a CFS clinic. I'm waiting for a letter confirming my diagnosis . My consultant has advised I reduce my working hours ASAP. I'm currently on my 5th week of sickness from work . It's not going to be...