• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. mkbretsch

Electric wheelchair recommendations?

I really like my Fold and Go. There is lots of information on their web site. Every kind of chair has its quirks, but the Fold and Go serves me well.
  2. mkbretsch

Genetic Study Finds Mitochondrial Link to Fibromyalgia

Apologies for telegrahic style. Was trying to keep word count down. Includes my personal thoughts on well established racial disparities in health care. See the link for their discussion. Genetic Study Finds Mitochondrial Link to Fibromyalgia...
  3. mkbretsch

Mineral Deficiences

Your D is low. Heavy period, impaired mineral metabolism...associated with low D. There is lots of information on it elsewhere. Conventional max recommended daily dose is 4000 iu. Many of us take more. Good to test if you can get your dr to do it.
  4. mkbretsch

Question for former athletes/fitness rats

Former long distance runner and avid cyclist. Backpacker. Weight training user. Never fast. Tended to fat since puberty. But very active up to loss of health in late twenties or early thirties. I, too, wonder if over training provokes these problems to some degree. I do have methylation...