• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Owl42

Article Invisible Disability: A Tough Fight and a Big Win for Patients in Spain

This is not what has happened, and most doctors involved should be denounced, not promoted.
  2. Owl42

Comment by 'Owl42' in 'ME ayurvedic view'

Not a pitta condition then? What would you say is the role of agni in all this?
  3. Owl42

Metabolic profiling indicates impaired pyruvate dehydrogenase function in myalgic encephalopathy/CFS (Fluge et al., 2016)

I created a thread some time ago on possible oportunities of immunomodulation and anti-inflamatory agents in traditional psychedelic compounds. I think they (like ketamine) start a cascade of process that induce a change in immune mechanism, possibly mostly though sigma1 receptor agonisation...
  4. Owl42

Psychedelics and Immunomodulation: Novel Approaches and Therapeutic Opportunities

Some people are experimenting with microdosing LSD.
  5. Owl42

Endocannabinoid system role in ME/CFS

Guys I didn't create this thread for what you're discussing. Maybe it'd be better if you created a CBD usage thread, don't you think? This is a thread for the role of the endocannabinoid system in the general CFSME patophysiology, mostly in a biochemical way.
  6. Owl42

Ayurvedic approach to CFS/ME

I'm starting this thread because I'm willing to try an ayurvedic approach to treating my CFS. I've done a little research myself but I'd love if you could help me to build up some kind of guide to ayurvedic healing proposed for this disease. I know there are many ayurveda experts who talk...
  7. Owl42

Metabolic profiling indicates impaired pyruvate dehydrogenase function in myalgic encephalopathy/CFS (Fluge et al., 2016)

I'm currently trying to stop my wasting of endocannabinoid through MAGL and FAAH inhibitio. I use nutmeg for this. But I have the problem I'm kind of addict to chocolate and it interferes with my experiments.
  8. Owl42

About S1P I've found this article on its rellation to Endocannabinoid system. I am foucsed on this because ECS modulation has helped me and many other people I know to handle this disease. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4128475/
  9. Owl42

I've seen you've been discussing on THC and CB1. I'm in an awful cognitive state to follow or theorise but I created a thread to talk about the endocannabinoid system role in CFS/ME if you want to discuse it there...
  10. Owl42

About approaching the ceramide low levels, endocannabinoid system seems to be involved here too: Cannabinoids and ceramide: two lipids acting hand-by-hand. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15958274
  11. Owl42

As you have been talking about mTOR and mTOR modulators I would love to bring your attention to the endocannabinoid system (that I think was found to be affected too in Naviaux's paper) Modulation of the endocannabinoid system (ECS) is one of the things that have helped me the most for some...
  12. Owl42

New updates and theorisation. If my theory of 2-AG being the principal target (at least the most difficult to reach) is correct, I suspect increasing it would be the best way to see if I'm in a good direction. There's not many ways of doing so. One would be using the analogue CBD cannabinoid...
  13. Owl42

I'm already experimenting with endocannabinoids and endocannabinoid system related enzymes with great results. I'll try to update you with my progress. My concern now is getting to the bottom of the 2-AG role, I suspect it is either too increased or decreased in CFS/ME, or at least in my...
  14. Owl42

This is a pretty interesting research, I didn't know CB1 agonist had an effect on mast cells increasing cAMP. cAMP is also related to epinephrine. Really revealing, I have to investigate this further. Role of the Cannabinoid System in Pain Control and Therapeutic Implications for the...
  15. Owl42

Hi again, it's been a while since I've been around here. Not a good year, a lot of new conditions affected me after I started a therapy with who I now know were a pretty irresponsible medical practitioner. So now I've dropped these therapies, I'm back into my research of the things that have...
  16. Owl42

So what (Presciption) Medicine should I try next for my sleep?

@Little Bluestem 100mg to sleep and 50mg to wake up
  17. Owl42

So what (Presciption) Medicine should I try next for my sleep?

I've been using L-tryptophan for some months now and it has been a life changer. It makes me go to sleep really fast and using half the dose to wake up has let me get my circadian cycles somehow in order. It also seems to alleviate my FM symptoms, after some time using it they just dissapeared...
  18. Owl42

Cistus incanus

This herb has been recently recomended to me for treatment of viral and retroviral infections and I was going to open a new thread on this, but seeing it already exists, let's see if someone can provide some new info on it now :P This is the most related research I've found...
  19. Owl42

Psychedelics and Immunomodulation: Novel Approaches and Therapeutic Opportunities

@actup when I was using shrooms I got very good results from dosing once a month, or once every three weeks. Shrooms doesn't seem to interact with sigma receptors tho, just serotonine receptors, so they won't modulate immune system, at least not so directly as DMT, for serotonin does affect...
  20. Owl42

I've been reading this article and thougt you guys would like it. Maybe @Hip can get more out of it. I think it is related to the things you were mentioning some time ago! "The data presented suggest that DMT may regulate intracellular calcium overload and pro- apoptotic gene expression via...
  21. Owl42

Medical marijuana & pots

@panckage Marijuana is good for some cancers, but it is proven to increase lung cancer risk. I'm not in a state that lets me do many things right now, writing this is being a little too much. :/ You can research it in google and google scholar.
  22. Owl42

Medical marijuana & pots

@panckage the symptoms I'm feeling now aren't from depression but a much more disgusting and I think severe condition. It is a really bad reaction from any dose and I know some other PWME suffer that kind of thing even without having consumed weed ever before. I'm just saying, use it if you...
  23. Owl42

Medical marijuana & pots

I've been using cannabis for some years mostly for pain and as a help with neurological symptoms and fatigue. I think the best effects came from its action in NMDA receptors, reducing glutamate release. But lately, as I got better from the FM symptoms and I started to get more adrenaline and...
  24. Owl42

Oral herpes manifestations. Do you have them?

About the fact that many of us don't react to herpes infections, I bring you this article which talks about a deficent response in CFS patients to EBV. Maybe it can be extended to many herpeviruses? What do you think? http://simmaronresearch.com/2014/03/1591/
  25. Owl42

The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media

omg, that looks just like me this summer :( I'm shorter tho. and my skin is worse but it's the impression I gave more or less
  26. Owl42

Oral herpes manifestations. Do you have them?

I've seen a discussion in a CFS group about having or not oral herpes manifestations, I personally have never had one in my entire life and it looks like most of us have never had it or have too many of them. What do you think of this? Does this point to a bizarre response to herpeviruses? I...
  27. Owl42

Hi guys, I'm back. I'm not taking DMT anymore for I have a new immunological treatment, but I think it helped me get in the state of recovery I'm right now. (I haven't been so good last week tho) I wanted to talk with you about the antiviral, antimicrobial and antifungical role of MAOis used in...
  28. Owl42

Clostridium Butyricum - A Game Changer?

WOW, 51 pags... so have you guys come to a conclussion, is this worth trying? I'm currently on bifidobacterium lactis, lactobacilus acidophilus, lactobacilus plantarum and lactococcus lactis. Will this really make a change? I'm mostly feeling cognitive and vision problems right now. You think...
  29. Owl42

Australian scientists make breakthrough in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome testing

Hey guys, is this the publication you've been waiting for? I just got through it and came here to look for your opinion on it. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3120691/ It remembers me of this other research on SFC biomarkers that is being done now in my country...
  30. Owl42

@Thomas I'm 23 :( I'm afraid I've lost my young body forever.