• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Sharon Van Isle

List of various recent interviews with Judy Mikovits

That is only enough for one researcher on a shoestring budget with a microscope, how much do they hate us?
  2. Sharon Van Isle

Interesting some New Zealand pwME/CFS hit by sheepdip flu too.
  3. Sharon Van Isle

Thanks. I believe it is possible, not that it must have happened. I definitely do not support hate speech, and do not want to see anyone tarred and feathered. I do not know anything about Dr. Lipkin other than the lawsuit of alleged sexual misconduct rhealm. Sorry to hear of your pesticide...
  4. Sharon Van Isle

Ouch! Of course not. Respectfully, I was merely offering a point of view on how deep an outside influence could drill down into journal ethics, design, regulatory bodies corrupted by well placed experts, etc. Members are open minded and free to choose which version they believe. I missed the...
  5. Sharon Van Isle

Hi all, been a while. Thanks Annikki for this thread. One thing I have learned recently is corruption applied in just the right places gets mega companies anything they want. Including crimes against humanity. I began poking around trying to get an answer as to why the medical injustices have...
  6. Sharon Van Isle

Webinar with Dr. Alan Light on Novel Gene Variants in ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia

How does this tie into these two recent gene studies? Dr. D. Patrick RNA-Seq Analysis of Gene Expression, Viral Pathogen, and B-Cell/T-Cell Receptor Signatures in Complex Chronic Disease. Clin Infect Dis 2017 ciw767. doi: 10.1093/cid/ciw767 Australia. Kinase gene discoveries - The paper by...
  7. Sharon Van Isle

Discouraging News for Canadian ME Patients

The states had their scandal when the CDC director redirected 1,000,000 that was earmarked for ME. The UK had their scandal with the PACE trial This will be Canada's scandal Maybe it will turn out good for us, shining a spotlight on the bias in the wake of all the evidence.
  8. Sharon Van Isle

Discouraging News for Canadian ME Patients

My heart sank when I read the grant denial. We got knocked down so let's come back stronger. President Obama made ME a priority. I think we have to go straight to the top to the Prime Minister on this one because the psycho-social bias still prevails with the Canadian Institute of Health...
  9. Sharon Van Isle

Oesophageal spasm, anybody?

Gotta love the spasms, ENT diagnosed me with laryngospasm and esophageospasm. Also get really painful spasms in upper abdomen or diaphragm area that have me sounding like a football player with a long "hut". None of them are fun, laryngospasm on inspiration is loud and can go on for several...
  10. Sharon Van Isle

Poll: In What Month Did You First Become Ill?

Got sick in southern hemisphere on vacation in March. Live in Northern hemisphere.
  11. Sharon Van Isle

Canada: Meeting with Policy Advisor, Ministry of Health

Hi Scott, Hope you are recovering O.K. My two daughters wrote to The Minister with the family perspective. We sometimes forget our loved ones see not only our illness, but also feel the pain of health care neglect, delayed diagnosis of other treatable co-illnesses due to disbelief and...