• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. The_dude

POTS?

I was screened for dyskinesia and it was negative. My grandmother had it when she was younger but was fixed up with some "violet tablets". I had ultrasound of all organs and a CT of most of them, showing nothing abnormal. The neurologist said this; somomatophoric dysautonomia. Prescribed...
  2. The_dude

My Results And Symptoms

Thank you. Adding more details below. Note the SOD gene. Truth is, most of my male family members seem to have some hearing loss. I think, at the age 25, I have some as well. It started as tinnitus in right ear. But I have issues with my ears in general, lots of earwax, clicking, popping of...
  3. The_dude

My Results And Symptoms

I have received the results for MTFHR. They do not seem too bad, but I just started delving into the science. Of particular interest, I found: - MTHFR A1298C: BH4 acts as a rate limiting factor for the production of neurotransmitters and catecholamines including serotonin, melatonin, dopamine...
  4. The_dude

POTS?

Yes, she said lack of bile is one of the marked factors on my messed up gut. She believes that bile stimulants can work though. Here is why. Stuff like bitters, say Swedish bitters, when I took them, my liver was gurgling like crazy and my stool colour was back to normal brown even with more...
  5. The_dude

POTS?

I went to a doctor and she diagnosed me with multiple problems. One is reduced bile secretion activity where it makes me to not process fats well. My stool colors yellow after eating bunch of nuts and I have stomach pains sometimes. I have this issue for years. Then, she found that my...
  6. The_dude

Liver Issues

Hi all, I have the following symptoms: sleep issues, 90% of the time I wake up around 1-2am and then find it very hard to fall asleep, quite frequently I have thoughts racing and overall I never feel rested. Also, I have digestion issues for quite a while. Yellowish loose stool, probable...