• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Pineapple fund--donation to OMF increased to $5 million!

This is AMAZING news!!! @Ben H Do you know how the donation is handled at all as far as it being bitcoin? Are the bitcoins immediately transferred to cash upon receipt by OMF? I have no clue how all of that works. Was just wondering because bitcoin value has been crashing so I was concerned...
  2. S

Jeff Bezos is Asking for Philanthropy Ideas on Twitter

Feeling pretty bad today so need to keep this short. Good opportunity to ask him to help with ME/CFS. Just read the link below for more info...
  3. S

Staph vaccine to treat CFS??

Hip...would Prof Gottfries know which of the two types of vaccines would be the best one to use? I was thinking he might know which one would be closest to the one that he uses. Also it would be good for him to at least know that there are two different version since he is trying to get...
  4. S

NIH CFS Steering Committee Wants Your Input!

YES Cort...PEM and everything that you mentioned there. Those would be some of my interests as well. My PEM isn't just muscle pain or fatigue it is a worsening of ALL of my symptoms. There have been times where I literally felt like I was going to die. I think getting to the bottom of PEM is...
  5. S

Tell the FDA to Allow Intravenous Vitamin C!

I saw this on the Natural News website today. This is just outrageous!! The FDA attacks nutritional supplements all the while allowing some drugs with very serious side effects to stay on the market. There are far more dangerous things on the market than vitamin C...many pharmaceuticals...
  6. S

Self-fulfilling Prophecy?

I don't think at all that researching your illness is a self fulfilling prophecy. I know that for me and other people that I know it has been the research that has really saved us from getting worse etc. Many of us have seen improvements because of all of the research we have done. So in my...
  7. S

Article: The 'Time For Action' Campaign: the Next Phase

I understand that people want to continue taking action but that can be done in different ways. I don't think anyone is saying to stop the campaign completely and just go away now. I don't think it is productive to piss these people off so much that they hate us and sabotage things just to...
  8. S

How do I know if I am allergic to gluten or any other foods?

There are blood tests that you can get for food allergies. If you get the blood test for food allergies make sure it is a delayed food allergy test so that it will be more sensitive. There are also blood tests for gluten intolerance. Gluten testing seems to be more difficult though. It seems...
  9. S

Dr. de Meirleir's poster at the XMRV Workshop

I am on a Mac and it works fine for me too so I don't think that would be the problem for Shannah. Shannah are you still having trouble with it?
  10. S

Dr. Cheney comments on the XMRV workshop

Hmm...so from this study it sounds like XMRV may only be a problem when other infections are present and reactivate it? Isn't that along the lines of what some other people here mentioned on the McClure thread? Here is one quote from that thread...
  11. S

Who Is Dr. Burrascano & How Big Is the Lyme Group?

Hi Wayne, Glad that we were able to help! I know it can be daunting trying to find a good LLMD but if you go to some of the Lyme groups they should be able to suggest some LLMD's in your area. Also...if you go to the Lyme Disease Association website (http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/) and...
  12. S

Who Is Dr. Burrascano & How Big Is the Lyme Group?

Wayne...I would definitely start Lyme treatment. You never know how you will respond to treatment unless you try. You may end up being one of the people who responds really well to treatment. If you have any chance of getting well you should take it. I think we still might have a ways to go...
  13. S

Article: Altered Realities: The XMRV Paper Disappearing Trick

Well...I think now we know why the FDA and NIH findings were "leaked". I guess they knew this was coming. It is ridiculous that the DHHS is allowed to withhold this information.
  14. S

Article: Now it's up to us! $250 000 dollar for research into our illness?

I can't either! They better fix that because it is a huge disadvantage.
  15. S

XMRV - Coming to terms with a new reality

M1she11e...I definitely understand where you are coming from on this. I have some similar feelings about it. I have read the info about XMRV but I am taking a wait and see approach. Like you said...there have been too many other viruses and pathogens that were supposedly the key to CFS only to...
  16. S

Got a juicer

I also have an Omega juicer since I read that the masticating juicers keep the good enzymes etc in tact. It only takes a few minutes to clean and if I don't feel like doing it by hand I can just throw all the parts in the dishwasher which is awesome. So I find clean up to be very easy. You...