• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. I

Burning in muscles

I have this problem worse certain days than others. Generally such weakness in my body, low expression, low emotion, poor stamina, and burninggg sensations in my hands and arms. Please is there any way to make the burning go away? It burns even as I type and I feel so sluggish. I have CFS and...
  2. I

Personal experiences with stablon/tianeptine?

I feel Tainetine may need a serotonin based combo to go along with. I had short term pronounced mood and perception benefits but I felt bit like I was in a dreamy state and cognition still needed a serious boost. I felt slower on it at times like I would be on Zinc. The most simple things...
  3. I

Low dose Naltrexone

Does anyone have advice on timing? 6am has given me some very positive results a few hours later and I'd even have some slightly restored interest in things and minor ability to engage. I take usually 0.6 - 1mg doses. 6pm or later in evening is bit inconsistent. sometimes better mood, sometimes...
  4. I

brain fog from persistent sinus inflammation with gut issues

I suffer from so much that the first poster describes. For me Quercitin helps at times especially for greater mental clarity and more natural breathing. But... it causes me to have joint pains and this is even from just small 50mg doses. Usually not on the first day but 2nd day and onward it...
  5. I

"Chronic fatigue syndrome and increased susceptibility to upper respiratory tract infections..."

So what might be options for treating respiratory issues? I have CFS, low testosterone, very low estrogen, moderate hypothyroid, very poor energy, low motivation, feel so lifeless, anhedonic... and very weak voice and it is difficult to speak. Feels like there is something agitating the...
  6. I

Tulsi TeaSacred Basil/BE CAREFUL OF IT!!!!

Does anyone know why Holy Basil tea makes me very aggressive minded + mean? My thoughts become quite negative on it after a few days. Yet ironically it may have been responsible for restoring some loving emotions as well. Ones which I have been missing dearly for quite some time. Organic India...
  7. I

Milnapricin For ME/CFS: more than an antidepressant

Is Milnacipran safe to take w Cymbalta? I know some people like to combo it with SSRIs and Vyvanse/stims but I wonder if a 1:10 norepinephrine to serotonin ratio SNRI like Cymbalta would be fine? I am having some partial results and partial improvements with Milnacipran + Vyvanse but still need...
  8. I

Complete anhedonia (loss of feelings) as a ME symptom. Anyone else who has it?

Tramadol has some very real anti-anhedonic effects but causes horrible side effects. I'd feel very sick for days after but boy did it allow me to genuinely be a bit engaged in House Of Cards for a night. Priceless experience. Lot of people report problems w opaite substances so I guess can't be...
  9. I

Complete anhedonia (loss of feelings) as a ME symptom. Anyone else who has it?

Even after low doses of 60mg or so of NOW brand Fo-ti (he shou wu) I get bit yellow skin on the face about 3 hours after ingesting. It's a shame because I had bit more vigilance and dedication last night. And few years ago when I took it I noticed very real improvement to my mood. Unfortunate...
  10. I

Poll on lymph nodes and glands

What if it's the sides of my neck? Both sides. Today been especially severe after taking some Siberian Ginseng + other things. Feels fatter and feels like it's pulsing. Eleuthero root (sib ginseng) didn't used to effect me this way but my health is worse than it was few years ago. Siberian...
  11. I

How to raise low Tes + Estrogen while fighting infections?

I had some greater clarity hours after taking Nystatin btw but felt sick for 3 days after it. A small bit of tramadol may have made things worse too. Here are some rough notes I made when I was worried about how I was feeling. It passed though: "the day itself didn't feel any worse, in fact...
  12. I

Thanks for the replies guys. I will try to look into some of this when I feel bit more clear headed. I been sick since I was 18. Now I am early 30's. I had some periods of improvement to my wellbeing with various anti-depressants at different times but they would often lose effect after...
  13. I

magnesium bad reactions

I am having lot of issues w magnesium personally. Even small doses. I took 10mg Magnesium BiGlycinate (includes 15mg calcium). It was a cut tablet. Anyway my heart rate rises, vision is darker, body and hands colderr, feels like more energy but I feel more unhappy if anything. This is 20 mins...
  14. I

Several red dots appearing below my eyes

"Petechiae - Pinpoint, flat, round, red spots under the surface of the skin caused by intradermal hemorrhages" This is likely what it is. I have had poor circulation to the face and very dark circles. Have always had circulation issues but these red dots are very new. Only in this past month...
  15. I

Several red dots appearing below my eyes

Hello. I have CFS, very low T and Estrogen, low thyroid, very low cortisol. Prone to fungal infections. Constantly tired, brain fog (worse lately), headaches, anhedonic low motivation depression. I was wondering what may be happening to me lately. I been having red dots appearing near my...
  16. I

Anyone have insight on the relation of fungal infections, immune disorders, and hormone issues when it comes to CFS? Lot of it is connected but difficult to know what to target with treatment.
  17. I

Hello. I am male in early 30's. I have very low T, very very low E, hypothyroid, low cortisol. Adrenal fatigue, anhedonic depression, fairly severe CFS, dreadful low motivation, low physical and mental energy, lack of emotion, brain fog, difficulty communicating, etc. I also have fungal...
  18. I

Lump on back of my neck and extreme tiredness and weightloss

Thanks for the suggestions guys. What kind of doctor do I get a referral to for autoimmune issues? I look like an HIV patient. I look horrific honestly. And all these infections keep on coming and the redness on my face been getting worse these months. Back fungus was out of hand over both...
  19. I

Lump on back of my neck and extreme tiredness and weightloss

Hello. I have not posted here before. I just haven't had the motivation to but my health is turning into a more serious issue than I imagined. A summary of some of my problems are very low testosterone, very low estrogen, hypothyroid, low cortisol. Central Nervous System depression. I generally...