• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

Newbie searching for a home

Thank you for your detailed response aviva. I am so sorry to hear of your ongoing illness which sounds awful. The worse part is losing your sense of purpose and self respect. Family is also a major stress for me as they simply do not understand how I can be ill with perfect test results. My...
  2. H

I agree but mental health services in the UK are in meltdown and priority is (rightly)given to people who are a danger to themselves or others. The responsibility then falls on the GP to provide the support and unfortunately many GPs are not experienced or sympathetic towards mental health and...
  3. H

Pandadarling - I suspect that mental illness usually occurs as a reaction to having a misunderstood condition like CFS. Difficult to know what comes first. For me my mental health was ok before my physical symptoms surfaced, in fact I was happier than I had been for a long time. Over time...
  4. H

Aviva - thank you for your response. Dysautonomia as you know is an umbrella term for many conditions of the autotomic nervous system including CFS. Why do you say that you are not sure that I fall under the Dysautonomia diagnosis? I feel that I do as do many others with mental health...
  5. H

Yes I have had an endoscopy which showed no abnormalities. I assume gastroparesis is assessed along with gastritis. I had fasted beforehand so not sure how this would show signs of gastroparesis. I have used domperidone and metachloprimide with little or no benefit so this would rule out...
  6. H

Yes for celiac during endoscopy but not for non celiac gluten sensitivity. I stopped taking statins for a year but did not make any difference
  7. H

Thank you for your replies. So you mean non prescription drugs? Absolutely not. Only drug that I was taking before this episode started was a statin. I had short bouts of mild nausea during 2013 each time after traveling long distance and time to get a holiday destination. After the nausea...
  8. H

Can I also add that I have had depression and anxiety wash over me in the last year mainly when starting or stopping yet another AD drug. I now recognise both and know that I never had either of these conditions / symptoms before taking AD drugs.
  9. H

Yes this has been a noticeable symptom for a few years although I would describe it more like post activity malaise rather than heavy physical fatigue. Never had the energy to begin the activity but pushed myself.
  10. H

Thank you for your views. I did not mention that my symptoms initially flared up after a tiring event like driving a long distance or flying across time zones. Stressful situations also seem to make my symptoms worse but again the symptoms always appear the next day. I am wary of visiting...
  11. H

Hello Looking for some kind of acknowledgement of my symptoms. To cut a very long story short, I have been ill since August 2013 with persistent nausea although I can trace back several months even years to brief flares of symptoms. Fatigue growing and then flu like symptoms with aches all...