• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Poll for MEN ONLY - Sex Hormones

For any of you guys who are borderline/low, my experience would suggest that testosterone therapy is worth investigating. I am a woman (obviously) but before starting treatment my free T was 0. Literally undetectable. I started first with injections of testosterone, and I would walk into the...
  2. M

Strategies for managing night sweats?

Thanks for the ideas everyone. I haven't noticed that my diet plays too much part in it, but I will try cutting down on sugar and see what that does. Unlike many people with CFS, I seem to be INsensitive to diet changes - I can eat normally or go to a lot of effort to eat clean, and get much...
  3. M

Strategies for managing night sweats?

Hi all, new here but not to CFS, I have been managing this illness for several years. One of the symptoms I'm having a hard time dealing with is night sweats. I am normally very cold when I sleep, but several days a month (right before my period) I get terrible night sweats and my body is just...
  4. M

Are 24-hour Saliva Cortisol/DHEA tests helpful?

When considering the value of a test like this, what is important to me is to think about what the test will tell you, and what the treatment will be. Sometimes, it is better just to try the treatment and see if it helps. If the 24hr cortisol test comes back showing you have a problem, the...