• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Article: A Hitch in its Step: PACE Trial Indicates CBT/GET No Cure For CFS, 60% of Patients Show No

I agree that it's best to acknowledge that some people diagnosed with CFS get some improvement from CBT, not just for tactical reasons, but because I believe it's true. But there's a real cognitive dissonance in this paper between CBT-as-treatment and the disease model behind CBT: people with...
  2. D

FALSEHOOD: HIV - nearly impossible to catch sexually

Jemal: Read on to the next section. "For various reasons", the rates of infection per sexual act are much higher in low income countries.
  3. D

From The Economist Chronic fatigue syndrome Seconds out.

I liked the tone, because it hits home that scientists are human and can not only be wrong, but sometimes jealous and petty, and that pettiness can affect their judgment.
  4. D

Time for the Big Talk. How's the CAA doing?

CAA's job is to get funding I think that the discussion here is somewhat misguided. In a well-organized effort, it's not really the CAA's job to pick out winners and losers from the research. Their job should be to, by whatever means necessary, increase the size and diversity of the funding...
  5. D

WPI Finds High Levels of Retrovirus in ME/CFS Patients

My father too has both CFS and prostate cancer (fully treated). I contacted WPI and asked them if they'd be interested in researching him; I'll post here if they reply.