• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

What's the link? Supplements causing sleep issues....

From that limited info, I would suggest looking into histamine Intolerance and ways to combat it. Have you considered this before? Sensitivity to histamine can disrupt sleep, cause fatigue (mental and physical) and be a real nightmare for food options. Read more here...
  2. G

What's the link? Supplements causing sleep issues....

Hi, I wondering if anyone could help me with my puzzle. I find that the following supplements make me feel really great during the day (taken first thing in the morning individually e.g. not all on the same day), but then really disrupt my sleep that night: Vitamin B2 100mg (I get some in my...
  3. G

Potassium = drained?

I totally understand where you are coming from as I used to think that way also - for 18 months I avoided touching anything to do with methylation as I just didn't want to get onto the rollercoaster. However, for some people, it is the right thing to do at a particular point in their recovery...
  4. G

Potassium = drained?

Hmmmm, after thinking the feeling was a bit like when ALA runs out, I searched for "potassium and chelation" and found this: "Potassium Citrate aids in mercury removal from the body" https://www.holisticmd.org/mercury-toxicity/protocol-for-chelation/ I'd better do some more ALA rounds. I...
  5. G

Potassium = drained?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about people feeling drained after taking potassium? I was doing the Freddd protocol, but have switched over to the simple methylation protocol for the last week or so - I couldn't tolerate HB12 at first, but do now and I prefer it to the...
  6. G

Antioxidant = vacant mind?

It could well be that I've built up a lot of toxins; I know that my body's detox processes had completely collapsed for a period of 2 years - during this time, I couldn't even detox my own histamine - it was really horrible, so build up of environmental toxins is highly likely. Thank you - I...
  7. G

This looks like a great book - I have all of those antioxidants in the cupboard!!! Thanks for the link.
  8. G

Hi, I’m getting on well with Freddd’s protocol, however, I really don’t get on well with the recommended vitamin C, or actually any other antioxidant (e.g. pycnolgenol, quercetin). When I take an antioxidant, I get a sort of vacant mind; I’m not able to mentally focus very well or react to...
  9. G

Freddd protocol - when to start Carnitine?

Thanks. I don't think that I had truly stabalised on folate and potassium before I then decided to take the carnitine. I was on Solgar MB12 and it was a mad rollercoater. I'm now using the Better you B12 spray and find it alot more managable and its enabled me to learn how to balance my...
  10. G

Hi wiltedflower77, It does help the mitochondria and energy production. I too got very down initially when I tried anything that might help the mitochondria (e.g. NT Factor, ADB12, just one drop of L-Carnitine). However, stick with it and you will break through it. I gave it a break for a...
  11. G

Hi, From the guides I've read on the Freddd protocol, it is not really clear when to start L-Carnitine. Please could I have some advice on this? Do I have to reach 15-20mg of MeB12 / 10mg of AdB12 before starting Caritine, or can I start it sooner? I'm currently on 3mg MB12 daily, with...
  12. G

Potassium on Freddd protocol - why NOT at same time as folate?

Hi, Just started the Freddd methylation protocol and things are going pretty well (I wish I had started it years ago but a foggy mind kept me from committing to it!) . The advice in the summarised guide of Freddd's protocol says to take potassium 30 mins away from methylfolate. Does anyone...
  13. G

Why would B12+folate cause GABA to reverse its effect?

The other possibility is folic acid overdose. I'm not sure why the gaba would be a trigger for this. The symptoms of b9 overdose and extoxicity are similar. Either way, I'm glad to report that for me the symptoms have cleared up. Thank you to this forum.
  14. G

Just to add, on the 2 days where I felt ok, I had been taking potassium (cream of tartar = Potassium bitartrate) in the preceding days.
  15. G

Yes, it seemed to be the GABA that triggered the anxiety. I think I jumped to soon to think I was cured simply by omitting the B complex - I was put on Sertraline by the doctor and reduced my dose yesterday and the symptoms started coming back. The B complex I was taking was this one...
  16. G

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I also ran into the unfortunate hyper tension and extreme anxiety issues following this combination of supplements and in the interests of the others that may stubble upon it in their Goggling I wanted to update it. For me, I was taking a low dose...