• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Rvanson

I need to sleep! Help !!!!!

I use a benzodiazepine, Xanax, (alprazolam), for sleep only. I also add 15 mg of Mirtazapine as well, so that works, and it works well. I make absolutely NO apologies for using a substance that works for me, as insomnia is torture and is very bad for mental health. Is it addictive? Yes, of...
  2. Rvanson

CP-COV03 a broad based antiviral for Covid and many more (soon to receive emergency use authorization?)

Indeed so. However, we do know of a medication that can help with ME. Apligen. In all these years it had to be administered through infusions only, at very great cost and distance? There is no pharmaceutical company that could devise a way for an injectional or pill form, while people with...
  3. Rvanson

Nicotine?

Negative. I caught ME 5 hours after some friends of mine ate dinner at a now-defunct restaurant. No nicotine, alcohol, nor drugs were involved. No one else ate the Teriaky Chicken dinner I had, so I've assumed that was the primary cause in some manner I've yet to understand, after 27 years of ME.
  4. Rvanson

What happened to covid? and the research into long covid... 2023 feels different

I was amazed at how scared people became during the epidemic. I was not at all scared, just as I am not scared of death. Now that Covid-19 is declining so is the fact that no one who got better could care less about anyone with "long haul covid". There will be no cure for them, just as there is...
  5. Rvanson

What happened to covid? and the research into long covid... 2023 feels different

Yes, I had Teriyaki Chicken, broccoli, rice and a cup of coffee. I have always suspected the Teriyaki Chicken, even though it tasted fine, I believe the contaminant was in there. I thought it was Salmonella poisoning but I doubt I will ever know. It's no longer there and a Carls Junior fast-food...
  6. Rvanson

Article Dr. Suzanne Vernon: 25 Years of Trying to Crack the Case of ME/CFS

Quercetin never helped me at all no matter what dosage.
  7. Rvanson

Has anyone temporarily improved during a head-cold?

I don't get head colds. My Covid-19 non-vaccine injected body killed off Covid-19 in five days flat. But I still have ME/CFS.
  8. Rvanson

Prusty talks about his upcoming research on a podcast

Dont, think that he knows anything about ME/CFS if he thinks an anti-psychotic like Abilify is going to help anyone. It's a psych med.
  9. Rvanson

Dont know what causes CFS, in reality. Sure would like some Ampligen however. Lots of LHC are getting better, unlike ME/CFS. 5 hours after a restaurant meal I was sick with ME/CFS, thats all I know.
  10. Rvanson

Any reason to be hopeful that Pritelivir will do more for CFS than Valtrex?

Big Pharma needs to be taken down for all the profits they make on old mediations.
  11. Rvanson

Long Haul Covid. Symptoms are similar to ME/CFS. I don't like the LHC name. Many of us are long-haulers. These people are not even 2-3 Years? I've had ME/CFS for over a quarter of a century, and many way past that.
  12. Rvanson

It doesnt work like that. I'm using a MAOI med that over 60 years old. The cost for one month is over $100 dollars with insurance. Go figure!
  13. Rvanson

In 26 years, they dont even truly know what causes ME/CFS. And the onlything that has helped is Ampligen, which is quite expensive,
  14. Rvanson

They will not find a cure for ME/CFS due to LHC.
  15. Rvanson

Article Long COVID in Mexico: Isolation and Disbelief

Much the same happened to all of us with ME/CFS as well, Sick in bed for weeks, months or even years. No one understands it so "poof", they are gone and you are all alone, tying to take on the next day, with no support.
  16. Rvanson

What brand b12 is recommended?

I'm lucky. I have a fairly new doctor, to me. After I told him my low Vit B-12 levels are not helped much by the pills, I had a B-12 shot.
  17. Rvanson

Clonazepam (Klonopin) stops my symptoms almost completely

Yeah, there is no reason the government should be involved in either.
  18. Rvanson

Early stages of covid - what to do?

Probably 1500-2000 mg. I take 3000 mg of regular vitamin C most days. But liposomal Vitamin. C is better absorbed then regular Vitamin C. I'm not a doctor, but I'd be using 10,000 mg a day or much more if she's got the Covid virus. I dont think anyone has ever died from Vitamin C. It is very...
  19. Rvanson

Yeah the liposomal vitamin C doesn't cause diarrhea as bad, as its an lipid/oil of sorts, but its expensive, compared to normal vitamin C. Humans don't make their own vitamin C as most other mammals do, thus Scurvy was an issue for sailors back in the day. It's anti-aging too. Vitamin C is great...
  20. Rvanson

Mega doses of powdered vitamin C; Zinc, lots of vitamin D, and since the effects of Long Covid seem to be similar to ME/CFS, I'd recommend MSM as well. It helped me when I was very ill when ME/CFS struck me down, 26 years ago. You might want to buy adult diapers, as mega-doses of vitamin C will...
  21. Rvanson

Would you dismiss abuse as a cause for ME CFS?

Thank you for this link, Murph! I was emotionally and mentally abused as a young child, by my alcoholic mother, and a father who fled the home when she went into INSANE/RAGE mode after drinking her Vin' Rose evenings. She had deep-rooted anger at her mother, that was never resolved at all, and...
  22. Rvanson

Attitudes towards ME/CFS Researchers

I am a layman. But that said, we ALREADY have a medication that would help lots of ME/CFS patients going on 30 years now. Ampligen would help 50 to 70 percent of us, yet it's unavailable for most all of us. Seems pretty damn unfair to me, so I no longer pay any taxes and I do it legally as...
  23. Rvanson

Attitudes towards ME/CFS Researchers

I will say it again. We ALREADY KNOW that Ampligen works for 70 percent of ME/CFS patients. We spend up to 12 k per person per month with HIV AIDS. Why are we not using Ampligen for ME/CFS again?
  24. Rvanson

ME/CFS is a living death--why mortality isnt what matters in illness advocacy

Actually the ME/CFS patients in Tahoe and Incline Village are millionaires, since you can't afford to live there if you are not wealthy. I suspect that their attorneys helped to get the ICD code, but this disease was called chronic FATIGUE syndrome for far too many years, and the normies just...
  25. Rvanson

Is Apheresis an effective treatment for Long Covid and ME?

I was thinking of platletpheresis.
  26. Rvanson

Is Apheresis an effective treatment for Long Covid and ME?

Apheresis MIGHT transfer whatever causes ME/CFS to another person, if used at a blood bank. Count me out. I am not going to give anyone ME/CFS. It destroyed my life, and I'll not be doing that to any other person.
  27. Rvanson

Amisulpride — A Multipurpose Drug for ME/CFS

They don't test for it on drug screens. I'd up the dose slowly. If it is negative, then back down.
  28. Rvanson

Abilify- Stanford Clinic Patients

Marylib: We know that there is already a medication that would help 70 percent of ME/CFS patients, called Ampligen. Why is this not in use, when AIDS/HIV patients are living normal lives at the taxpayer's cost of up to $12,000 dollars a month? Treatment with Ampligen would be much less than that...