• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

Recovery Time: Pneumonia on top of ME/CFS

Did you ever find it hard to tell which illness was making you feel bad? I originally came down with ME/CFS in 1991, and I feel almost as sick now as I did back then! Which was really sick!
  2. F

Yes I'm just finishing a second round of antibiotics and I've been taking probiotics throughout. Also I am 68 and have read it takes older people longer to recover from pneumonia.
  3. F

I'm getting over pneumonia and recovery is slow. At this point I can't tell whether it's the pneumonia or my ME/CFS or simple laziness that is making me feel so weak. Have had the ME/CFS for many years, but am normally a lot more active than this.
  4. F

Reduced diversity and altered composition of the gut microbiome in individuals with ME/CFS

I also noticed the reference to "leaky gut." I thought the validity/existence of "leaky gut syndrome" was widely poo-poohed in conventional medicine. I was surprised to see this side-reference tossed in with no acknowledgement of how controversial it is. I do know that a healthy small...
  5. F

Reduced diversity and altered composition of the gut microbiome in individuals with ME/CFS

Here's a summary of the results in Science Daily: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/06/160627160939.htm
  6. F

Original Cause of Illness: Swimming in Polluted Water?

In the five months before I originally became ill with ME in 1991, I briefly "swam" a few times in the Potomac River in Alexandria, Virginia. The swims were both intentional and unintentional, as I was learning to row a rowing shell, and we were required to demonstrate that we could climb back...
  7. F

Trazodone - Apotex generic 50 mg is available.

Not sure what brand I take but it is so inexpensive. Partly because of insurance but I think partly because it's an old drug and not being promoted much.
  8. F

Can't sleep at all

Ugh. I'm so sorry.
  9. F

Trazodone - Apotex generic 50 mg is available.

What's the difference between Apotex Trazodone and Trazodone?
  10. F

Can't sleep at all

Insomnia is terrifying, and totally destructive to one's mental health. For me it kicked in about six weeks after I got sick with ME/CFS in 1991. Fortunately, it is easily treatable. I have been taking Trazodone by prescription ever since. It is a very inexpensive antidepressant with no side...