• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Geo

Itching driving me crazy!

Actually, traced it back to just not disinfecting my bed sheets and towels with color safe bleach. I think it was the towels mostly, never really thought about it but it makes sense I guess. Since I started using the Purex2 on them I have had minimal issues. A few times it resurfaced but with...
  2. Geo

I started using color safe bleach, Purex 2, for my sheets and towels, and it seems to have helped considerably so far. Wasn't properly disinfecting those items I think with regular washing powder.
  3. Geo

You see that is interesting because all of my "diagnosis" over the years revolve around one thing or another that can be connected to that as well: Mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS) is a condition with signs and symptoms involving the skin, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, respiratory, and...
  4. Geo

I actually think I traced it to a large potter outside on our patio which had plants in it but they died like six months ago. It's just been out there with only dirt for a long time and I noticed I'd get slightly itchy nearby it. The couch is very close to the patio door and side window. Moved...
  5. Geo

I think Diabeetus as well can cause this kind of itching. I know I have a "prominent gallbladder" which is going to be checked out. Part of me feels like one of those hypocrondriac types for checking all this stuff but all I know is that it comes and goes and this last time has been THE worst...
  6. Geo

I too find powders make for a worse situation! If I use a fifth of the recommended amount and do a second rinse it's not so bad but otherwise the Tide pods seem OK for me. I really should look into other types of soaps maybe but they are so expensive most of the time. I also know what you mean...
  7. Geo

I too have these issues. For about ten years I have had recurring itchiness on my body. It started off with believing it was mites and seemed to be seasonal when the weather in NY changed I would find myself infested with the sensation of creepy crawly skin. I moved to Arizona in 2008 and it...