• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

Lithium orotate, MTRR, B12 and reactions both negative (hairloss) and positive

bump, anyone? Anything noted with Lithium orotate, experiences etc?
  2. C

Thanks again for the into..mB12 is the next step. I've read from other folks on this forum that when the body receives the B12 it needs (especially for those whom have issues, e.g. potentially exacerbated by MTRR / MTR), it may kick up increase testosterone, which in my case would be a nice...
  3. C

Hi Little Bluestem, thanks for your input, I have not yet tried mB12 along with LO, that was my next step. Do you think that 5mg of mB12 without LO (for an MTRR) may be causing the issues? Also, I've read that Dr. Yasko believes that once you start on Lithium, B12 that is already in your...
  4. C

Hi everyone, I wanted to write this to ask if anyone can help me figure out what could be going on with my recent experiment with Lithium Orotate (LO). First a bit of background: I have a homozygous mutation at MTRR A66G (GG, which affects B12 I believe) and for VDR Taq (AA) I have a...
  5. C

Methyls, mB12 and ADD / ADHD symptoms

Hi All, Question for those COMTs who may be sensitive to too much methylation, have you ever had issues concentrating or have had ADD / ADHD like symptoms when increasing your mB12 dosage? I am MTRR A66G ++, so I figured more mB12 the better, at 1mg twice a day, I felt great (Source...
  6. C

Histadelia / histamine, methyl donors, and diet

I would advise to use cuation, as the wrong bacterial strain can worsen your histamine issues, please check out this link, within the comments section the anonymous poster provides some strains avoid: http://doccarnahan.blogspot.com/2013/11/histamine-intolerance-could-this-be.html
  7. C

Help Please! Crazy Histamine Intolerance Since Starting Methylation Protocol

Hi Paul, what is your theory regarding this? Also what are your thoughts on CBS mutations, do you really believe they can affect sulfite sensitivities?
  8. C

Hi Picante, sorry if I was not clear, what I was trying to say is that glutamine, even in free form, never caused any digestive related issues (gas, acne, etc.), however it did make me feel 'wired' and figgity. even 10 - 15g did not affect my skin or histamine like conditions. I may have some...
  9. C

Hi Peyt, I've heard of a few different types of tests, is there any one that you recommend? Hi Picante, I've taken L glutamine at 10 grams a day without any issues besides having extra anxiety, I think the glutamine may have triggered some excitation but no additional acne from it.
  10. C

Hi All, This post is regarding my life long struggle with what I believe is excess histamine production. I have always had the symptoms, hives (I used to get this with just stress), allergies, anxiety, inflammation, itchy skin (in dry weather this turns into rashes and my hands / feet peel...
  11. C

CBS and sulfur (sulfates), truly an issue?

Hi Valentijn, For argument sake and to be empathetic towards Yasko's approach, why do you think she made this 10x-15x claim and why do you strongly disagree with it? The following are the mutations which I believe affect sulfur and ammonia within the body, all of which are heterozygous...
  12. C

Regarding your facial outbreaks, are you talking about acne? If so, was it cystic or just tiny postules? Regarding squinty eyes, not sure what that is referring to, I assume that means your vision was getting blurry so you would squint to see better? Also, regardiong the test strips showing...
  13. C

Hi All, I've been treating my MTRR++ with mB12 for almost 2 months now, first at 1mg 2x daily using the Source Naturals and for the last 3 weeks, 5mg 1x daily from Jarrow. I noticed benefits with the SN 2mg daily, however when I started Jarrow not so much, perhaps I peaked or maybe because I...
  14. C

Confusion with dopamine/anxiety/epinephrine and SNP results

Thanks for the very informative posts caledonia! I am curious about one thing, regarding the 4R protocol, I am doing most of it, glutamine/slippery elm, probiotic, and fungal/microbial (its a candida cleanse, but apparently also knocked out most of my gut flora). I have tried going on a gluten...
  15. C

Hi sillysocks, poor diet during formative years is only part of it IMO, I think I was susceptible vis genes that were expressed VSL3, 450 billion bacteria in the packets (there is also a double strength, but I would imagine that is for the really ill); strains are: Bifidobacterium breve...
  16. C

Hi All, I recently got my 23andme results, trying to figure out issues I've had since childhood, first a little about me: 32 old male, born and raised on the northeast coast of the US. Athletic build, 6'2", 178 lbs, avid gym workouts, healthy organic eating since I was 18. Kept abreast to...