• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. crosser

Diarrhoea and stomach cramps??

hi all... im bedbound 24/7 and everytime i watch tv or use laptop or try to read a book i get cramps and the runs after about 15 mins.. anyone know why as its driving me mad... thanks
  2. crosser

what are the chances of some sort of recovery???

full recovery i know is pretty much nil but anything above being bedbound is what i meant.. just being able to potter in the garden or put up a shelf would be better than this... the boredom and frustration of staring at the same 4 walls is so hard .... suicide thoughts get more frequent as...
  3. crosser

MEA website question for February: Diagnosis - how long does it take? (UK only)

im severe and bedbound and still havnt got diagnosed.. my cfs team say its anxiety... so wont give a diagnosis...
  4. crosser

valium makes fatigue go !!!

my cfs team have asked my gp to test for lymes so waiting to hear back.... its possible as my cfs started when we lived in the forest of dean..... i see you went for the eco living as we did but had to sell up as i could no longer manage the up keep with the fatigue.... i was gutted....
  5. crosser

i dont know how it started.. just found things got harder to manage over a period of time, slept fine etc then since the crash sleep has been difficult... since the fatigue started ive never had a cold or illness etc.. i also dont suffer with any pain like most... not sure what mono is so...
  6. crosser

thanks for all your replies, some things for me to look into.. i was on effexor and stoppedtaking it in june and had my first crash which was massive in the august... wonder if thats anything to do with it.... ive been agoraphobic for 10 years and cfs symtoms started 7 years ago.. but...
  7. crosser

ive had cfs for 7 years and was managing ok until 5 months ago when working on my house i was stupid to keep pushing myself to try and get it done for xmas.... i had a huge crash and went from doing work on house to bedbound in a matter of a week... after 5 months in bed im still no better, is...
  8. crosser

on standing or sitting up my hr stays the same but blood pressure shoots up to 160/105 .... its strange because i feel exhausted even though my hr hasnt gone up....
  9. crosser

thanks for that, i think i get it... only thing i dont understand is surely after that amount of exertion i should of had a huge crash !! felt a bit under the weather but i think that was the stress of it all....
  10. crosser

hi all. i have severe m.e and bedbound.. had to go to hospital 2 weeks ago as our fire as giving out co fumes but all was ok after having blood checked.. the wierd thing is that i can only stay in an upright position (sitting or standing) for a few minutes before feeling unwell... as im an...