• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Do Abnormal Mold Markers Really Mean Exposure to Mold/Toxins?

Thanks - in that case, that calls into question a lot of aspects of this theory, which is entirely based around the idea that some people do not properly "detox" toxins due to their genetics. My lab markers were all in line with Shoemaker's diagnosis criteria, which would indicate that he is...
  2. D

I've never seen those listed as markers of mold illness in Dr. Shoemaker's literature, despite what the original question stated. What is typically listed is C4a, TGF Beta-1, MSH, VIP, and the other markers listed on his website (http://www.survivingmold.com/diagnosis/lab-tests), whether or not...
  3. D

Unless I'm missing it, I don't see DRB3 or DRB4 frequencies referenced in the charts, which are part of his HLA-DR theory.
  4. D

I definitely do think there is something there (especially because my sickness immediately followed moving into a very moldy residence). I guess what I wonder is just how clear is the science, considering that the treatment entails a lot of money, prescribed drugs for off-label uses, drastic...
  5. D

Thanks - I meant if you had any sources as to the frequency of the HLA-DR genes among Americans (or Europeans, I guess). I wanted to see how common those "mold genes" are in people of European descent. I checked through the Wikipedia entry for HLA-DR but I could only find one chart which only...
  6. D

Valentin, do you have a source I could look at for HLA-DR genetics in Americans? I often see it reported as fact in many sources that the HLA genes are present in only 24% of people.