• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

Healthy 34yo Having Sudden Issues. Doctors Clueless.

I did the Complete Lyme Panel and the results came back, everything was 'Negative' except on the IGG Western Blot page, IGENEX result says Positive and CDC is Negative. I spoke with Bob Giguere from Igenex, who by the way was extremely knowledgeable and friendly, and he said it appears that I...
  2. H

First appointment with Dr. John Chia

Does anyone have Dr. Chia's or Dr. Kaufman's email address? I would like to send them my health summary in hopes that they can help me with my situation
  3. H

Got my CMV test result back and it is positive. So EBV and CMV both positive, but my PCP is saying basically to ignore it..
  4. H

I got my EBV test results back, and it is a mix of Positive and Negative. Can anyone shed some light into this, especially based on their personal experience: Component Standard Range Your Value EBV VCAIGG Negative Positive EBV VCAIGM Negative Negative EBV...
  5. H

One other thing I wanted to mention is that, as soon as I sit down or relax, I can fall asleep - doesn't matter the time of the day. If I stay active and engaged, then I am better. Has anyone here had an overnight Sleep Study done at a facility? What were their findings? I had one a couple...
  6. H

@Thinktank : To help with my sleep issues, I take 0.5mg Ativan about 3 days week. I started this several months ago, and it seems to give me better quality sleep. However, I think my body got used to it and I am not reaping those benefits anymore. I have tried taking this in the daytime...
  7. H

Thank you all for your replies and feedback. I will try to answer everyone's questions: @msf: The Lyme test was against the antibodies, not western blot. It was drawn by Kaiser, so I'm sure it was the basic stuff. I am looking into IGENEX testing. @digital dog: Only 2 fillings, but neither are...
  8. H

I will try to keep this as brief as possible, but I've been battling a mysterious illness that doctors are clueless about and have recommended that I turn to Mayo Clinic. Before I do that, I would like to post my story to the community in hopes of some helpful ideas/tips. I am 34 year old...