• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. bluelight

Some doctors have deep contempt for patients

On-going with me this type of treatment I get from every Dr Iv ever been to see. I have promised myself never, ever to mention fibro ever again to a Dr as only last month the lady Dr I saw got so angry I was sure she was going to attack me. She gritted her teeth and bit her lip with anger. I'm...
  2. bluelight

Pre period window of improvement.

Hi ladies here's a bit about me and hormones just to add a bit of thought to what your saying about it all. I had m.e./cfs for 5 years, then I hit the menopause and didn't even go to my Dr about it or remember much about it, as the m.e. took over my life 24/7 so I took no supplements or hormone...
  3. bluelight

Mystery condition: I react to ALL Food, herbal supplements and spices - Why?

I take codeine pain killers iv been on these for about 3 years.
  4. bluelight

Mystery condition: I react to ALL Food, herbal supplements and spices - Why?

I also get a lot of the same symptoms I try to leave breakfast for as long as possible as eating can just wipe me out for hours at on end. Diazepam used to help me a lot as well (2mg) but my Dr wont give me them anymore encase I get addicted to them she said. I fantasize about foods I can no...