• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

B2 I love you!

How much R5P does it take to turn the urine yellow?
  2. A

Methylation, SNP, Folinic acid intolerance help

Hey Crit, sorry for the late reply - brain fog can ruin days, even weeks! Thank you so much for your help and explanations. Yeah the P5P was performed at Mayo Labs. I also found that my B2 levels were extremely low (value of 1 on a scale of 1-18). This might be by my B6 isn't working aka...
  3. A

What do you mean by functionally deficient? Thanks!
  4. A

Hrm interesting about the B6 - I actually don't take any BCAAs but my B6 has always ran at the upper limit of normal without any supplements. My latest P5P (B6) level was 50 with a range of 5-50 mcg/L. How would one know if B6 was not being converted to the active form? Thanks! What kind of...
  5. A

I plan to via immunomodulation - however, I have issues with B1 and various other supplements via the sublingual route which makes me think they is something metabolically deranged in my body that needs to be addressed.
  6. A

Starting a Methylation protocol and have some questions: I'm taking metafolin but holding off on the b12 due to high plasma levels (900+) with normal MMA - can I continue to do this or do I need to add in a methylb12 or hydroxob12 to prevent methyl trapping? A lab test/capsule endoscopy found...
  7. A

Looking for help with folate/folinic acid/methylfolate and multivitamin

Thanks! Interesting - so low B2 causes serotonin syndrome? Why is that?
  8. A

Thank you so much Aaron_c - do you happen to know of any B complexes that leave out the folate/methylfolate/folinic acid?
  9. A

What can I ask for at the compounding pharmacy for a low dose B complex in terms of amounts? thank you so much!!!
  10. A

I do have many sensitivities to foods - how would this relate to folate? Thanks!
  11. A

Hello all, I've been having some issues with folate/folinic acid and methylfolate. My folate is LOW, however, I cannot supplement without feeling anxiety - even at doses as low as 25mcg, I get an anxious feeling, vertigo and a feeling of dread - this happens with all folate/folinic acid and...
  12. A

A couple of supplements for a big discount...

a picture of supplements
  13. A

A couple of supplements for a big discount...

Hi All, I bought a number of supplements from Amazon and ended up intolerant to B2 and too scared to try the rest. I tried to return them to Amazon but they don't accept supplement returns...so my loss is your gain! I will sell these at 25% off what amazon has them at + $5 shipping. Everything...
  14. A

Racing Heart after B2

Just tried some B2 from Now - the capsule is 100mg but I opened it up and maybe poured out 10mg of powder with water. Within 10 minutes, heart started racing which ended after 30 minutes. Has anyone else experienced this?
  15. A

Compounded Cetirizine/Fexofenadine

Does anyone have a pharmacy that compounds cetrizine or fexofenadine? I am currently being test for MCAS and would like to try cetrizine compounded with rice cereal, however, seems like most compounding pharmacies in my location (southeast Michigan) are unable to provide it via PCA. Thanks for...
  16. A

Histamine intolerance and pots

Could be histamine or one of 200 different mediators that are released by mast cells during degranulation. I would suggest you read Dr. Afrin's toronto mastocytosis meeting pdf (regarding Mast Cell Activation Disorder).
  17. A

Please help me get diagnosed!

With the MTHFS mutation, it seems as though I should avoid all sources of folate that are not methylfolate. Does this sound correct? My symptoms all started after I started eating more spinach/broccoli and olive oil on a regular basis. Assuming I refrain from eating these, will my methylation...
  18. A

my 23andme methylation results...

With the MTHFS mutation, it seems as though I should avoid all sources of folate that are not methylfolate. Does this sound correct? My symptoms all started after I started eating more spinach/broccoli and olive oil on a regular basis. Assuming I refrain from eating these, will my methylation...
  19. A

Here is my detox profile!
  20. A

Thank you so much for your help guys! I have histamine intolerance/salicylate intolerance which has been causing hypotension/low bp. I also have a methylfolate sensitivity and a homozygous mutation for gene MTHFS. Any idea where I could get started in terms of supplementation if I cant tolerate...
  21. A

So with two hetrozygous mutations + histamine intolerance, what can I do to jump start my recovery with supplements?
  22. A

Hello, Recently diagnosed with ME/CFS - I have posted my genetic genie results. What can I do to start support my MFTHR in terms of medications and supplements. Complete noob here!