• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

Tried Stimulants, Seen notable improvement

For me Ritalin at least did not affect my sleep at all. But Adderall however does and I would recommend taking it earlier in the day. With Ritalin if you get the normal instant release version. It only lasts 4 hours, after that you definitely won't (at least in my experience) have trouble...
  2. T

It works more like the symptoms are reduced significantly *with the right med and dose* and then after about 4-6 hours there is a crash. The crash being worse fatigue and possibly a depressed mood depending on the drug. But I think if you need or want to do something that you wouldn't be able to...
  3. T

Well I hope It goes differently for me and you recover more. I'm thinking of going back to the Ritalin because the Adderall has been giving me some unpleasant side effects without much benefit. I guess im just not as tolerant to it as I am to the Ritalin which definitely worked, the only reason...
  4. T

Recently I have been on Ritalin and recently switched to Adderall XR (10 mg) for the fatigue. Although it did not have much impact on me in that regard seeing as I still feel quite exhausted, it has improved my cognition/concentration to enough of an extent that I feel like If I try I can do...