• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Methylation Dosage

Hi all, I'm just hoping to get some advise regarding methylation protocol dosages. I started the methylation protocol almost a year ago although I've had a few weeks off here and there due to severe side effects. I started very low and slow with a good multi then added in a B complex then...
  2. L

Valtrex hair loss

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with hair loss caused by valtrex (an antiviral used to treat herpes family virus)? I have been taking valtrex for the past month or so as I have problems with CMV and my doc thought it might help, however, my hair has thinned...
  3. L

Valtrex Hair Loss - will it grow back?

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with hair loss caused by valtrex (an antiviral used to treat herpes family virus)? I have been taking valtrex for the past month or so as I have problems with CMV and my doc thought it might help, however, my hair has thinned...
  4. L

ltpitt

5. L

Potassium or Folate deficiency?

Hi I was hoping someone might be able to help me understand my symptoms after starting Freddd's protocol. I've been taking B vitamins for about 3 months now, however, I started out on Rich's protocol then switched to Freddd's about a month in after having a really bad time on Rich's. I felt...
  6. L

Methyl trap v low potassium -- I can't tell!

Hi I'm probably a bit late coming to this convo but i just experienced high potassium myself and ive been looking on here for other people experiencing the same. There is a lot of info on the dangers of low potassium for those on the methylation protocol that some people may not realise high...
  7. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi, Thanks for this. I have already been taking the recommended max amount of potassium but i see from reading these links that people starting up their methylation just tend to take as much as necessary based on symptoms and not worry so much about RDI so ive given that a go and the heart...
  8. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Ive been doing Freddd's methylation protocol and my main symptoms since starting are really rapid and strong heart rate, some palpitations and really blurry vision. The main cause of these symptoms seems to be the MeCbl. Based on what I read I was prepared for negative side effects and...
  9. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Thankyou for your help. I have looked at the information and am pretty sure i understand the basics. the plan, after getting your cofactors sorted, is... 1. start with MeCbl daily in increasing doses 2. be ready for low folate and/or potassium and take as much of those as you need to relieve...
  10. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi, I'm fairly new here (despite having CFS for about 15 years) and I had a couple of questions regarding Freddd's methylation protocol. I started doing Rich's protocol a couple of months ago. It made me feel awful but seeing as i was basically bed ridden anyway there wasnt that far to fall...