• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Comment by 'beckster' in 'Is the Marshall Protocol a good or dumb idea?'

Definitely worth a try. It has helped me alot. I have lyme and cfs and standard lyme treatments did nothing (I mean nothing); nor have traditional nor alternative treatments helped, the exception being pain control and sleep control. The MP got me off 20+ years of sleep meds, and now i sleep...
  2. B

Mikovits in London May 2011, also Meirleir, Chia, Montoya, Bell

Cant see what the DATE of the program is , May ____?
  3. B

the psych lobby strikes again: DSM-5 v. WHO's ICD in the US

Thanks Suzy for your work and updates and clarification. Looks like they have addressed the input/ciritiques in an even "smarter" way!!!!!!!! By using the bolt-on concept, even a person with a known physical etiology (say RA) could still be considered a malingerer because they might be...
  4. B

Dr. Marshall on XMRV

Hi Oerganix, can i ask if you got so many improvements, why you stopped so early? I've just finished five years and probably saw the most improvements in the last year or little more, although there were changes all along. I think its not untypical for cfsers or lymies to see pem or fatigue...
  5. B

How the Healthcare Reform Law Could Help Us

called my congresspersons Called my congress persons about these issues. The bill is so complex even their health expert, after taking several days, responded but couldnt tell me much. That is, the bill is so complex, no one seems to know! Some of the language is written so that some things...
  6. B

The CAA Pamphlet to Educate Doctors

Good Gracious Gumdrops, who knew alla this wasa gonna on in our owna country. Thank heavens for websites! Yes, Jackie, yikes yikes and more yikes. The Yikester
  7. B

Hmmm, that's the guts of it, then. Marie, in a sentence, can you tell me when the ICD and DSM have to come together, and who instigiated this (is we know who). Thanks (maybe i'll see you at the bench . . .)
  8. B

Also, anyone know how the DSM actually affects regular docs--what if they keep coding pain disorder, back pain, etc as they always have. Is there a matter of jurisdiction here? Any professionals have input?
  9. B

Hi Marie, yes, and we might have to do most of the work, as most clinicians are overbooked and over worked. It afffects them too though because we wouldnt be able to see them, insurance wouldnt pay, visits cannot be prn, it limits tests, etc . . .
  10. B

What about other health professionals, such as general practictioners, neurologists, internists, D.O.s, physical therapists, pain docs, etc--those who really see the illness close up and deal with it. Are they commenting on this? What do the APA folks know about any of this anyway, as they...
  11. B

Samuel, what Serum Repository is this, where is it?
  12. B

Jackie, the more you explain the more YIKES it gets! Sorry! freaky being WATCHED= uh HUH. Yikes
  13. B

Yikes, sorry! One think i dont understand Jackie is, being in the states, you had ssdi, not private insurance, and yet you said your private insurance made you do this. What year was this. I hadnt heard of this being done here. WAs it a pilot program or something like that?
  14. B

Dr. Mikovits of the WPI to Host Live Q&A Session Regarding XMRV 22nd Jan

I cant get the live video (using community computer and cannot download)--is anyone going to give (the gist) live transcript?
  15. B

Medicare Part D and anti-retrovirals

klutzo, maxine anyone know how much higher if you get out then get back in ??? Klutzo, i meant stockpiling by getting some from canada while we still can. Maxine, how long do you think one has to be on these two anti-virals you mention? Did they give you any idea (I'm asking for other...
  16. B

maxine and all Hi maxine and all, i'm not signing up this year (which means i have to be sure to exit out of existing one . . .) but cant say for other people. for one i'm happy with another protocol i am on; also doubt if these programs will pay for off-label use. this area seems worse for...
  17. B

dorgan vote fails, 51-48 Minutes ago in the senate, the Dorgan amendment, which would allow americans to buy cheaper medicines overseas or in Canada, failed the vote 51-48. By the way, Howard Dean has now come out AGAINST the health care reform bill, which he says is no health care reform...
  18. B

medicare useless and uselesser Klutzo and Frug, and all, year by year i have found that part d has gotten less and less useful. The formularies shrink every year. Last year i found one that coverd my most important and expensive med (no QL), but as soon as i paid them the $300 deductible in...
  19. B

Pancreas, Gallbladder and CFS

Hey Klutzo, and Fredd, and others Freddd said he had a pain under left shoulder blade that he thought was gallbladder. I have one that comes there as the day goes on, always thought it was just back pain, maybe it is organ related (gallbladder, liver). How to Know??? Its kind of like a...
  20. B

B-12 - The Hidden Story

IAIYH?? Freddd? Hi Freddd, what is IAIYH?? Beckster
  21. B

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi again Freddd I am still going along. Added in the methylfolin. How much of that a day do i work up to???? Also i will soon add in the lcarn-fumarate--start with what amount and work up to what amount????? I am having improvements with not much problem, except that the sleep is played...
  22. B

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi freddd I saw, by accident, a very old post of yours in a thread in Wrong Diagnosis, where it said you were on the dilantin and many other strong meds. You were really a sick duck. Could you exercise or exert at all at that time? Beckster
  23. B

Detox or wishful thinking?

Hi Freddd! Among other things i still have chronic sinus infections(thick, colored mucous everymorning), and have wondered what it was that hasnt healed (a lot of other infections have healed on the MP protocol). So that would be the epithelial cells in nose, upper respiratory, etc-- so i can...
  24. B

Methylation

Hi FREDD, a little help HI Fredd and a little help please (from anyone else too!) I just started the protocol. In nutshell have lyme/cfids/fibro/complex regional pain syndrone,/ nerve damage/ migraines/infections. As a kid had lots of colds and flu and strep, always had to sleep more than...