• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Sugar levels crashing - don't know why

Hey MeSci, I have tried to cut down on sugar just because I don't want the extra calories! I'm really only trying to put sugar into my body as part of healthy eating or with the coca cola when I'm feeling like death and need to get out of bed etc when I have a crash. I'm just wondering what I...
  2. B

Do you know of a good blood glucose kit (brand name etc?) that you can buy in the UK or on Amazon?? How can you check cortisol levels....is that done by a doctor? I eat regularly and eat throughout the day.
  3. B

Thanks Effi for all your suggestions. You have given me plenty to research. What is your occupation? It's lovely to get a such a helpful response rather than simply told by the doctor that there is nothing wrong with lol!
  4. B

Hi, Many thanks for your suggestions. I don't think I've had low blood pressure in the past. I also quit smoking several years ago. I will read over the links you kindly provided me with and will continue to search for some sort of remedy. I don't want to keep drinking coca cola on a daily...
  5. B

Hi all, Gradually over the last year I have been feeling exhausted. I am now exhausted every day and have racing heart beat, dizzyness, minor sweating, and feel the need to lie down. I've had a blood test and I'm not hypoglycaemic. I've gone back to my doctor again for a second blood test...