• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. leahcim

Methyl Causing headaches (Avoid Methyl Donors?)

Thats a very good point Moof. So many companies out there saying about MTHFR and they always sell folate lol. so i think your right in some instances. I'm just so lost now tbh, i know i have a folate defienecy and the MTHFR gene, but when i take what im told will help im stopped because of these...
  2. leahcim

I thought we wasnt allowed to take folic acid if we have the MTHFR gene? how much folate did you take to fix your problems? i think i may try 200 mcg of folate tomorrow and see if that reacts to me. Also when you say to try a low dose of non methylated folate? what is that? i thought there was...
  3. leahcim

Hello everyone. So iv came to realize that methylated vitamins seem to give me a banging headache and make me super tired. I was taking methyl b12 1 mg a while back and noticed it gave me headaches. I then switched to a one a day whole food multivitamin called naturelo, which has quite a few...
  4. leahcim

Do Hydroxocobalamin lozenges work?

I think methylcobalamin may be giving me bad headaches, and apparently due to my vdr tag etc i tolerate hydroxo and aden better then methyl. I've noticed on freddds protocol that he say hydroxocobalamin doesnt work orally? has anyone else had luck with them?
  5. leahcim

Is this b complex ok?

Omg how did i miss this posts, im so sorry. Does it matter what type of potassium supplement we take?
  6. leahcim

How should I approach my deficiencies?

Thank you :) im reading it now so wish me luck lol
  7. leahcim

How should I approach my deficiencies?

Hi everyone, I hope you're all feeling well. I'm in a bit of a pickle on how to treat my folate deficiency and low b12 as iv also found out I have the mthfr a1298c homozygous gene. I looked at what type of b12 and according to my vdr tag etc it says "Adenosylcobalamin and hydroxocobalamin with...
  8. leahcim

Is this b complex ok?

Hey everyone, I was curious to know your opinions on this b complex as a starting point for my folate deficiency, low b12 and also mthfr a1298c homozygous gene. Is the balance between the b vitamins ok to start with...
  9. leahcim

Advice on data with nutrahacker results

Hey everyone, i was hoping for some advice on where i go with my 23andme raw data results. I'm so confused on how it says to take l-methylfolate and avoid folate, and take methyl b12 but avoid methyl donors :S the MTHFR i have is homo a1298c. The only supplement im taking right now is a super b...
  10. leahcim

Cortisol saliva test results (Need Advice Please)

hey again cale :) taking your advice iv now ordered some electrolyte powder with Sodium, Potassium, Calcium & Magnesium :) so il see how that works out, so thank you for that. good idea, il keep to the b12 lozenges and spray for now and start the drinks then see wot happens in time :) im also...
  11. leahcim

omg i completely forgot about that, im drinking loads of water assuming its good but then id be flushing out the electrolytes in a way? i also bought some b12 spray as i herd its better then lozenges so il see if that helps, the folate seems low as well doesnt it?. think i need an electrolyte...
  12. leahcim

i find if i eat anything with chocolate it makes me so ill!, im constantly drinking water as im being treated for POTS. iv had to do CBT, relaxation , i have to sleep everday it sucks :( i do have quite alot of lab work that i got done privately, most were normal and the only ones i noticed...
  13. leahcim

Sorry to bother you all but iv been hacing crazy symptoms of dizzy spells, extreme fatigue, cant stand or sit upright for long, weakness, muscle twitches, nausea, sometimes fully on vertigo plus many more, and quite some time ago i got a salivia test done, showed the results to my doctors but as...
  14. leahcim

B12 Levels

checking it all out now :) ty
  15. leahcim

B12 Levels

ferritin 44 ng/ml 30.0 - 400.0 . im male though so i have no clue what this means :S
  16. leahcim

B12 Levels

your right my diet isnt that great :(. Thank you for replying btw :) i started my methyl b12 1000 mcg lozenges 2 days ago so well see how it goes i guess, but also i need folate too right? as they work together and cant work without each other?
  17. leahcim

B12 Levels

hello there, well for the last 6 years, since i turned 18 iv been getting extreme dizziness, dizzy spells, balance problems, nausea, vertigo, cant sit up or stand up straight for long without feeling like im going to faint, plus loads more and after numerous tests like mri's, ecgs, eeg, balance...