• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Irwin

Anxiety, Ammonia, and the NMDA Receptor

Anybody tried to use lactulose? Seens to reduce ammonia levels.
  2. Irwin

Lowering over methylation without niacin?? Please help!!

Doesn't every cobalamin converts to methylcobalamin? To convert to methyl cobalamin, wouldn't b12 uses 1 methyl group? I don't know what's happening to my body, if just overmethylation with ou without methyl trap, or excess ammonia due over methylation.... I know I have excitotocity symptoms...
  3. Irwin

First of all, thank you for your answer. Before my over methylation induced state, Zinc and Copper were well balanced. I have some symptoms of histapenia. Before I induced this state of overmethylation, my main problem were: low motivation, low libido and hypoglicemia attacks during the night...
  4. Irwin

I'll try b6 with b12 again, never used b6 alone, idk I'll just try... B complex give me worsening of symptoms
  5. Irwin

I hadn't any problems with adrenal before. I used to practice boxing! And run! #1 haven't the blood pressure cuff #2 contracted at first but then relax and contract #3 red I don't think the main issue is adrenal. All my organs probably are messed, my thyroid, my pancreas and my adrenals. This...
  6. Irwin

Thank you for your answer! Only food doesn't help me. Niacin is helping me, but not 100%. I'm also feeling gut contractions all the time, a bit of constipation and much less hungry than before I induced this state. I think my ability to digest foods is impaired, not the gut but all my system...
  7. Irwin

B3 (niacin) causing intense pancreas pain!

Maybe yes, I'll give a try -> I'm feeling my gut all time contracted. Not my abs muscles, but inside, my gut all time contracts. This also was before niacin. Somebody knows what it is? Never had gut problems before, and ever my first low potassium symptoms is leg cramps.
  8. Irwin

B3 (niacin) causing intense pancreas pain!

Or maybe liver pain, but I highly think it's pancreas. Niacin is known to make pancreatic β-cells less sensitive to serum glucose. I induced myself into a over methylation state, so I really need niacin, this is the only thing is helping me. HOWEVER, I'm VERY sensitive to niacin, I can just...
  9. Irwin

Went to a doctor today... he doesn't knew about niacin quenching methyl groups. He thought this doesn't exist and I freaked out. I started to ask myself: I'm having placebo effect, I'm nuts? Is all true that niacin breaks down sam-e? wow, I totally freaked out. I'm not in the best mind...
  10. Irwin

Just can't maintain my hand plane without tremors Hey, someone knows if there is something like niacin that USES SAM-E? Nothing more in this world?
  11. Irwin

"IMPORTANT!! Increased methylation may cause – and does cause – neurological symptoms." Interesting, I'm also having a few tremors. Damn, I need to act fast, these excess are causing neurological symptoms damage! The only thing I read to remove excess is niacin.
  12. Irwin

How to deal with overmethylation??

Sam-e accumulates in your body, time does nothing. I never saw something like this, effect of illegal drugs like cocaine vanish the body with time, but methylation no... I saw others going crazy like me and time did nothin... oh boy, never tought this would be so complicated. Only niacin helps...
  13. Irwin

Weeks ago I entered in a hell, paranoia, panic attacks etc due excess of methyl supplements. THIS IS THE WORST THING I HAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. I was almost going to commit some madness... you know... I'm better now, used niacin last week, paranoia and panic attacks gone... but mild depression and...
  14. Irwin

So, I stopped using niacin tuesday because it was helping me with paranoia BUT this shit let me apathetic Now I discovered I have all symptoms of histapenia... AND OVER METHYLATING JUST BREAKS DOWN MY HISTAMINE.... and consuming niacin release even more histamine (but it was necessary to...
  15. Irwin

Just a question: IF I induced folate or b12 deficiency, this is easily checked by blood exams, right?
  16. Irwin

Paranoia can be high dopamine. The thing is very complicated, much more than Dr Ben thinks it is. The human body is so complex. Probably, this messed with lot of things, including of course my neurotransmiters. This is a good theory, but I replenished my stock of B3 (100mg is more than 100%...
  17. Irwin

The last time I used methyl folate was 400mcg plus 500 hydroxb12. Then after this each day I started to get panic and brain fogged. Then after a week I used TMG, Choline + methionine 3 days in a row, but it wasn't intentional, it's cause I used a product that helps in the liver when you get...
  18. Irwin

Ok, thanks. I'll do that. I just have a last question, if somebody knows, please answer: Does overmethylating lows/increase NMDA activity?
  19. Irwin

God listen to you. It's weird because some times I feel horrible symptoms, then sometimes calm down. Yesterday was a good day, but today I'm with anxiety and a little paranoia, different than yesterday. Then this made me more paranoic, because I felt like I wasn't recovering. I never had...
  20. Irwin

I don't know how I'd put me in a B3 deficiency, I think this is not the problem. B3 helps because it's like a 'methyl sponge'. It uses sam-e. Using 50mg/day and increasing doesn't seem I'm improving... needing more and more, something is wrong. I used today my 100mg split in 4 doses, and seems...
  21. Irwin

Weeks ago, I induced an overmethylation state. It’s horrible. Panic attacks, anxiety and paranoia, brain fog and depression, I never had this before. I stayed in this HELL for 3 weeks, then I tried to use B3 to alleviate my symptoms and it really helped. Before this overmetylation state, I was...
  22. Irwin

Folate trap causes: b12 or methionine? Or both?

Good, I expect you are doing fine I didn't start slow and messed everything, I need to wait till my vacation next month to do some experiment and start slow. First adding b12, adjusting one supplement at time. What makes me concerned abou hydroxycoalamin is MTRR impairs its conversion, I don't...
  23. Irwin

Yes, methyl trap, some people say folate trap What's this methylation test? I just did 23andme test.
  24. Irwin

methyl trap please help

This guy seems living a hell, I'm concerned about him. As others said, I think you need stop and wait until you recover. I also did bad things with methyl supplements, but not so bad like you did. I'm just waiting until I recover to my baseline.
  25. Irwin

Are you MTRR A66G +/+ ? Any MTHFR? And BHMT08? Since I haven't any MTHFR mutation, I was thinking about try this kind of folate. Methyl stuff really messed with my body in some way, this is a dangerous territory. Do you feel better using adb12, hydrob12 and folinic acid? What's your symptoms?
  26. Irwin

methyl trap please help

How are you now?
  27. Irwin

B6 is also involved with serotonin Thanks for your tips. I was more able to tolerate the b complex before my methylfolate trials... I don't know how I messed everything, seems like another case here in PR the guy used sam-e and got terrible long lasting effects. Or I messed with my...
  28. Irwin

Something in the B complex doesn't make me so good, I think it's B6 or B2. I feel more numb and apathy, symptoms of increased serotonin. I was thinking about follow Freddd's protocol, but he claims almost every bad symptoms is to paradoxical low folate. If I don't react well to too much methyl...
  29. Irwin

Low motivation, nocturne hypoglicemia (waking up in the middle of night with brain shocks), difficulty to gain weight, low libido. I used to have more symptoms, like low physical resistance, but it improved after I started to use vitamin d3, fish oil, vitamin c and magnesium. I just screwed...
  30. Irwin

These results are from 2 months ago Vitamin b12 (ciano) 612 pg/ml Homocysteine 7,3 umol/L Red blood cell 4,79 millions/mm3 Hemoglobin 13,8 g/dL I didn't measure folate levels. I'm also MTRR A66G +/+