• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Comment by 'Lalab' in 'Help me solve this riddle: the medications that kept me symptom-free for a full week'

@Antares, a couple more questions. 1). What dosage have you taken the prednisone before and after the hospital stay. 2). How did you get diagnosed with lyme (western blot, ELISA)? As in what lab did you use (was it Igenex) and was it CDC positive? 3). On what basis are you trying the...
  2. L

When did your neurological symptoms start?

Hello antares, thanks for your reply. I looked at your blog post and found the results very very interesting, especially in light of the rituximab trial. Please see my reply on your post.
  3. L

Comment by 'Lalab' in 'Help me solve this riddle: the medications that kept me symptom-free for a full week'

Anatares, I don't believe that it was the vancomycin. Take a look at this paper: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC163589/. Vancomycin couldn't wipe out any viable borrelia (lyme) spirochetes from the mouse brain if administered more than 3 days after infection. You have a...
  4. L

When did your neurological symptoms start?

Hey folks, So it’s common knowledge that most folks with cfs develop some sort of neurological (and or cognitive) symptoms. Some develop them later in the course of their illness (a few months or years) and for others they develop them almost simultaneously with their fatigue. With this in...
  5. L

What weird, medically vague symptoms other than your fatigue do you have (pressure, vibrating, etc)

Curious about this since this condition tends to be associated with weird and sometimes unexplainable symptoms (ex: brain shocks, weird tingling, etc). For me, they are: Neurological (causes the most deficits): a PHYSICAL feeling as if parts of my brain are blocked, like a couple of arteries...