• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

how long can overmethylation last?

days? weeks?
  2. H

Why would Niacin cause depression?

I'm back, still experiencing anxiety and depression, although not as severe as a week ago. I found that drinking a whole litre of coconut water a day reduced my depression by 50-70%. Which I started on the day of my last post. I was able to tolerate 1 l of coconut a day for 6 days. But yesterday...
  3. H

Ok, I'm feeling severely depressed and anxious today. Like I am seriously considering checking into a mental health clinic if it continues.. Does anyone else have an opinion of went went wrong? I have never had depression this bad. Timeline: - 3 weeks of methylfolate 300mcg/day and felt good...
  4. H

I meant more like if niacin is taking my body in one direction, what supplement/s can I take to go in the other direction? I dont think I have seasonal issues. It was about August when I took it last year, so around the same time.
  5. H

Violeta, I have taken B2 in the past but not currently taking it. Something must have changed since last year where I was in a similar situation with overmethylation and taking niacin stopped the symptoms but didnt cause a depression. User, maybe you are right, have you found a way to combat...
  6. H

Unfortunately, last year I tried ramping up methylfolate up to 2-3mg a day for a couple days without a good result. I then tried upping my potassium intake by a lot and that ultimately made me feel worse. I dont think I have potassium deficiency as I did increase my potassium after the first...
  7. H

This has happened for a second time recently. About 3 weeks ago after supplementing methylfolate 300mcg/day for 2 weeks with no b12 I was feeling a bit agitated so I took 20mg of Niacin and felt it took the edge off, I wanted to see how I reacted to more Niacin and took 150mg spread out through...