• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

has anyone completely lost their ability to feel

Which of my symptoms seem similar to you? I have had my problems for over a decade and the progression besides a couple of bumps has been slow/minimal. In fact, now I am consuming extra salt and that seems to be helping a great deal to the point that I am sometimes asymptomatic. I assume the...
  2. H

Acetylcholine caused crash

Choline's worked well for me but I'd assume you might have luck with an anticholinergic like an antihistamine. Does Benadryl help?
  3. H

lithium experiences

I take it 3x/day. 10 mg with breakfast, 5 with lunch and 10 with dinner. It might be worth experimenting with size/number of doses (I have to do more myself). Please let me know if you find anything else out
  4. H

lithium experiences

Lithium helps my sleep. Have you tried taking it with breakfast?
  5. H

Nicotinamide, NAD(P)(H), and Methyl-Group Homeostasis

Have you heard of Wim Hof? His breathing method might help with your oxygen issue
  6. H

Insomnia ideas?

CBD helps me too. Is there a reason why you take it with meals? I've been taking 8-12 drops an hour after dinner and wonder if it would be better to take with meals.
  7. H

has anyone completely lost their ability to feel

I am suffering from both sleep deprivation and depersonalization (although I am used to the latter). My HSCRP is through the roof (although I have normal CRP and cytokines like IL6). It seems like my tryptophan is being converted into kynurenine due to inflammation and I might have high...
  8. H

Inositol and lithium orotate

I wonder why these supplements are working. If lithium works it could be because of increased serotonin or decreased NMDA. I'd be curious to see if additional supplements that work with glutamate/NMDA(huperzine a, cats claw, magnesium, ferulic acid) or serotonin(bacopa, 5HTP, tryptophan) were...
  9. H

Inositol and lithium orotate

What neurotransmitter activity does inositol increase? I hadn't heard of it doing anything besides increasing serotonin. I have tried inositol before but it didn't seem to do much. However, it is possible I started doing something else at the same time and counterbalanced it. If you have any...
  10. H

Magnesium Threonate is like Speed!

Does anyone know why MgT appears to stimulate? I do pretty well on many NMDA antagonists and magnesium in general. MgT doesn't make me feel stimulated, but it appears to make my sleep worse. I currently take Magnesium in the form of Epsom salts and was assuming that MgT was outcompeting my...
  11. H

Removing Glutamate from Brain with GOT/Oxaloacetate?

I think in theory you might not get human grade. I've seen some "sell only to labratories"
  12. H

Efficacy of memantine in the treatment of fibromyalgia

It sounds like NAC is an NMDA agonist (http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/55624-does-anyone-have-experience-with-nac/) from my quick search. Do you have the source from where you learned NAC was an NMDA antagonist?
  13. H

high glutamate

Red meat actually doesn't appear to be that bad (at least beef isn't see https://msgfacts.com/glutamate-in-food/), brocolli and potatoes (too pick not obvious examples) are much worse. Long cooked meat is bad, perhaps that's what you were thinking of.
  14. H

Depression Induced by Interferon

5HTP to serotonin is not rate limited and can occur in the body. Too much serotonin in the body can damage the heart and lead to Serotonin Syndrome. My Dr. says I'd probably have other symptoms first (e.g. digestive), but I am not risking him being wrong. If you are taking 5HTP (I am) you should...
  15. H

Brain Fog

Which choline (or otherwise) supplements lower dopamine the most. I think my dopamine is being converted to adrenaline/noradrenaline and would like to lower it. My reasons for taking choline are to convert histamine to HCL and decrease peripheral serotonin
  16. H

5-HTP only works temporarily

This is because the EGCG in the tea deactivates the l amino acid decarboxylase enzyme that converts 5HTP to serotonin peripherally
  17. H

Does Anyone Know Why GABA And Theanine Both Make Me MORE Anxious?

I am not sure if you resolved your issue, but it sounded like dopamine to me too. If you want to know for sure you can try an experiment. For example, you can take Mucuna Pruriens which will really ramp up dopamine. You can also try noni or white mulberry leaf which supposedly lower dopamine.
  18. H

3am wake up/adrenaline rush/pain/sweating

I also have MAOA and have wakenings issues. I just ordered progesterone (I am male). I plan on reading through the forums about progesterone whilst I wait. Are there any particular things you want others to be wary about? Progesterone could decrease serotonin from what I can tell and I am...
  19. H

MAO A R297R rs6323 TT +/+ status causing histamine intolerance since starting meth protocol?

MAOA is involved in breaking down histamine so to some degree yes.
  20. H

liver enzym CYP2C19*17 frustrates Progesteron, adrenals and MAO A

Did you ever get a reference? I am interested in taking progesterone but I already have low serotonin. This is all I was able to dig up: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15206761
  21. H

Cannot Sleep Without Raw Beef: But Why?

Be careful with how much liver you eat. I was taking 2 livers per week and ended up with both vit A & D toxicity. I was also consuming cod liver oil and vitamin D and these in total added up.
  22. H

Rare allele data

What can one do with the results of the program? For example, I have these 1% homozygous mutations rs10512749,5,T,0.010,TT,,Y rs10505888,12,A,0.010,AA,,Y rs1048945,14,C,0.010,CC,,Y I tried to look them up on SNPedia and didn't see anything on them. Is there another resource we should be...
  23. H

Piracetam a miracle supplement?

How does motherwort protect the mitochondria? I haven't been able to find much on motherwort besides that it helps with tachycardia. Anything you know about it would be useful
  24. H

Better, best beta blocker for POTS - mast cells

Are you sure it is a beta blocker? I looked through my herbals and saw that it helps with palpitations but never saw any discussion of mechanism. Personally I have tachychardia probably from too much norepinephrine and a systemic beta blocker seems like something that could cause problems...
  25. H

Acetylcholine caused crash

b5 was too stimulating for me
  26. H

insomnia

Alpha GPC seems to help me sleep. I assume it is helping my body convert histamine to HCL. It does depend on the time of day I take it though. If I take it late at night I will have worse sleep. Some people say they have better sleep with citocoline or uridine. Personally, those sound more...
  27. H

How to lower norepinephrine

Is it the speed of breath or the depth of the breath that helps you? I feel like I have a constriction preventing deep breath, that is why I ask. Have you tried Dang Gui (Chinese Angelica Root, Radix Angelicae Sinensis)?
  28. H

Thanks again for the in depth knowledge you've dropped. Is blood volume the same as vasodilation? I am looking for non steroidal alternatives to fluronef. Thus far I've found Dang Gui, cayenne, Ginko and l-arginine. I'm not sure if l-arginine vasodilating properties would help lower NE. What do...
  29. H

Thanks for bringing up fluronef (again?). I was on fluronef for a decade and wonder if that is why I slept fine then and/or have NE problems now. Do you know the mechanism by which fluronef decreases NE? Could your body adjust to fluronef and end up with more NE?