• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Amino Acid Therapy - Anyone Familiar?

Here's a study which shows that people with CFS have low glutamine (an amino acid) levels: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1300/J092v04n02_02 Here's a way to look at it that we may be able to agree on: Chronic issues can create an increased need for certain nutrients (like amino acids)...
  2. M

There are several critical steps that take place between consuming a protein and having it used as an amino acid within the body, we would have to assume that all of these steps are working properly in order to dismiss taking isolated amino acids. Some people have difficulty synthesizing certain...
  3. M

Np hopefully we can spark some responses. I know there's value in it because I have felt improvements by taking isolated amino acids in the past, but I don't think it's wise to just dump these things inside you without having any info on what your current status is.
  4. M

I'm wanting to try Amino Acid Therapy and am trying to avoid making mistakes on getting the bloodwork done. -Is there some type of gold-standard testing that I should look for? -Should it be a blood test or urinary? -Is it fairy easy to decipher your own amino acid profile? In other words can...
  5. M

Itchy Body after Starting Methylb12 and Folate

For whatever reason the itchyness has gone away. I think I was taking too much methylb12.
  6. M

The Official "Help me I'm retarded" Methylation Thread

I'll do more reading in your links, not sure if I'll continue with this protocol though. thanks for your response
  7. M

The Official "Help me I'm retarded" Methylation Thread

I give up. I've been reading for weeks, hours on end and do not completely understand what exactly I'm supposed to do for methylation and I suspect nobody else does either. Every time I think I understand I see a different "translation" of Freddds protocol or read something that Freddd posts...
  8. M

Active B12 Protocol Basics

Ok I'm just going to say it, this protocol is communicated very poorly and is not easy for anyone to understand, much less people with CFS and brain fog. Seriously, read the replies here, everyone is confused and has a different translation of what Fredd is saying. Does anyone actually know...
  9. M

Does Colostrum Feed Pathogenic Bactiera?

I've been searching this board and the internet trying to find out if Colostrum would be appropriate for me. My CDSA says that I have overgrowth of Prevotella (and a few others). I have greatly altered my diet and will be getting Rifaximine for it soon but wanted to know if anyone knows if...
  10. M

Symptom reduction on starting Xifaxin

Hi Sushi, I know this is an old thread from 2012 but wanted to know : Do you think the Paramomycin was necessary to get rid of the prevotella or is the Rifaximine enough and just go a couple of rounds? Also, does anyone know of a reliable online source for this? I am going to try and convince...
  11. M

Tonight in the US: Brainmaker--gut microbes and the brain--David Perlmutter M. D.

Hi Sushi, I read that you did a test a long while back which showed you had prevotella overgrowth - were you able to get rid of that? thanks!