• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Draves

Amy Yasko (positive experience)

Hi, is there anybody who has been on Amy Yasko protocol and now is doing better? I'm asking because I have found reasonably priced practitioner who works with Yasko protocol mainly, and is not expensive so I thought I would give it a shot. Any thoughts?
  2. Draves

23andme results, in need of help

Hi everybody, I hope everyone is doing better than they were yesterday. I'd like to ask regarding my 23andme results and would love possible ideas, what to do next. Results are as follows: +/+ VDR Taq MAO-A R297R MTHFR C677T MTRR A66G BHMT-02 BHMT-08 CBS C699T +/- COMT V158M COMT H62H MTR...
  3. Draves

Mfolate + Mb12/hydb12 giving me intense diarrheas

You say you have used b12 in conjuction with folate but have you used potassium as mentioned? At least 1 g a day? This is very interesting you have yellow stools, I too myself have a yellow stools for long time, but have never heard of folate deficiency being connected to it. Where did you read...
  4. Draves

Started taking B6 and feeling funny. Help Please. :(

It probably could. I suggest you do testing, it's relatively cheap and you will be 100% sure whether you have it or not
  5. Draves

Fred's protocol need help

I'have tried magnesium and zinc and nothing. Chest pain seems to be dose dependent per folate intake. But that's not a biggie What I would like to know more is why I have that fricking back pain, all the time when I try something. This is incredible, I'm on the verge of giving up. Besides...
  6. Draves

Yes, well when it comes to Seriphos I know my business, becaue I have been dealing with this for a while :) Will do :) Flat Like at the bottom or top? If it was at the bottom then there is possibility your cortisol is low. Some of the symptoms low and high cortisol often overlap so be...
  7. Draves

Well that's good for you, with your success on digestive enzymes. I hope for you that your success will sustain :). For me when I try digestive enzymes (even the high quality one from Enzymedica) I get once again back pain... Well Right now I don't know if there is any any connection. But what...
  8. Draves

Alright so I should probably let my thoughts of zinc poisoning go. Because the doses were apparently small. Furthermore at that time I sweat a lot at my practice, so great deal of zinc have been lost there anyway. Enemas are for me like last resort. I know very little about them, and thought of...
  9. Draves

So I just came from my MD. Had a horrible dispute, where he basically told me I'm nut and that everything is in my head. He told me that if I want he can write me recommendation for Psychiatrist and that he recommends me magnetic resonance, to check if something is wrong with my brain... I...
  10. Draves

It's lower back pain. Kidneys/Adrenals area. and happens minutes after I eat some more fat. My regular diet is like 40 g of fat a day. That's very interesting you had such a problem related to weight loss with fat digestion. I also when the problems started with fats have lost a lot of weight...
  11. Draves

Also I found this http://www.metabolics.com/b-complex-pot-of-180-capsules.html as a recommended b complex in manual provided by @ahmo. Is it still recommended?
  12. Draves

It reminds me of tension. Now when I'm looking at it, the pain was probably not connected with supp (at least it seems like) but rather with fats/oil I have been ingesting after lowering vegetable intake. This is strange...if I don't get any veggetable at meal I can eat as much oil/fat I want...
  13. Draves

@caledonia I never took any kind of antidepressant at all. Whether I'm under a lot of constant stress, well that's hard to say, but I wouldn't say any more than other people are. I would probably say reason for my high cortisol levels is lower calorie intake as per calculator I should be eating...
  14. Draves

sudden dependency on methylb12- every few hours?!

Goonie, I'm not expert by any means but what I gather from your post is that you are hovering at the low doses and you are scared to increase. It may be possible donut hole folate insufficiency. If you haven't read Ahmo manual for dummies on methylation yet, I would highly recommend it. It may...
  15. Draves

Kindly thank you all for your responses. The situations NOW is as follows. what I described at first post is mainly history.@ahmo thanks for the ideas. I think if I jump into protocol I try transdermal b12 after I establish my safe via oral route. By the way thank you for your guide on the...
  16. Draves

When starting the protocol another few questions popped up in my mind. 1. What's the correct ratio of Methylfolate to Methylb12. Can anybody share their experience? 2.What's the correct ratio of ADb12 to methylb12? 3.I remember reading about some member I think it has been @ahmo that she let...
  17. Draves

Hi everybody! hope your are doing well or at least better than yesterday! I've got a few questions regarding Fred's protocol. Just to be clear I haven't done 23andme test yet because I don't have money for it, but it's on to do list. So basically I'm not 100% sure I have MTFHR mutation. My...