• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. copingup

B-12 - The Hidden Story

I am currently taking only B12 (a quarter of Jarrow's 5mg everyday) but it is causing excessive gas. What could be the cause? I understand that protocol mentions not to ignore other vitamins/potassium when on B12 but what could be the correlation of B12 with gas in digestive track? Would...
  2. copingup

How to decide which folate is best suited for you?

Thanks Peter. You are right. I should start with a low dose. Jarrow's is a capsule and I will not be able to split it. For my next purchase, what factors should I consider before buying folate again. Or should I simply go for Solgar Metafolin 400mcg (and split one dose into 4) since it is most...
  3. copingup

How to decide which folate is best suited for you?

For the first time I had Jarrow's Methyl Folate 5-MTHF 400 mcg after breakfast followed by a quarter of Jarrow's 5mg B12 after 1 hour. This gave me a severe headache the whole day and by evening I could feel pain in right chest extending down to my right arm. I am continuing to take the b12...