• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

Methylfolate causing lack of coordination

I posted the link to the multivitamin I'm taking but for whatever reason a moderator decided to delete it. The multivitamin I take is Life Extenstion two-per-day. Is there anything in it that can lower dopamine levels? It has all the b-vitamins and folate from lemon peel extract. BTW, what form...
  2. N

I see that everyone is suggesting I need more B12, but how come when I take my multivitamin the benefits of methylfolate decrease? It's mostly a decrease in dopamine as I start having trouble focusing, I become unmotivated, disorganized, etc. I've read on this site that some people cannot...
  3. N

Yes, all of those are new. What do you mean by usable form? I thought methylb12 is the usable form? When I take B12 I actually feel as though the benefits from methylfolate decrease. Doesn't B12 decrease BH4 synthesis by increasing methylation?
  4. N

I've started taking 1 mg of methylfolate by Life extension and in some areas I feel better while in others I feel worse. Benefits: Increased focus Increased energy Slightly increased motivation Decreased sleep time from 12 hours to 8-10 Cons: Brain fog Lack of coordination, I keep bumping...