• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. echobravo

POTS and neck problem

Curious...What kind of improvements did you experience, and how quickly did they happen after the atlas adjustments? Have you had any neck or head trauma in the past that can explain the misalignment? "Huge crashes".. did the adjustment aggravate the brainstem in any way? I would get terribly...
  2. echobravo

POTS and neck problem

definitely be careful with headstand.. i know a person that got cervical injury (disc rupture) from doing them. my case was different, headstand made the joint snap back into place, the 70kg of body weight and probably the tensioning of neck muscles during headstand, made it happen. the out...
  3. echobravo

POTS and neck problem

Have you followed the recent threads on CCI/AAI, hEDS, chiari etc and how they might cause the ME/CFS symptoms and an array of neurology related issues, including dysautonomias like POTS, OI...
  4. echobravo

Remission success. How?

Hi, again! If you have an overview or index of these recovery stories...would it be possible to put them up on PR? Maybe it already exists.. You have been in a very demanding situation, I cannot imagine...I hope you now will continue to improve! And gradually build strength again from the many...
  5. echobravo

N3 sleep pre and post treatment with Ayurvedic medicine

Sorry for being unclear. What I meant was that Oura must have used these advanced sleep monitoring devices (like EEG) in their lab during their product development process to ensure that the Oura ring does provide valid and reliable sleep data. I think, for our purposes in this "small research...
  6. echobravo

N3 sleep pre and post treatment with Ayurvedic medicine

That is suprising! I have owned the Oura (2nd version) for almost 2 months now, and the sleep data it produces seems reliable to me. The ring has now been tested on 4 different people, and they all show quite different nightly sleep data, e.g. wrt. REM and NREM sleep (which are the variables...
  7. echobravo

Remission success. How?

Hi @Gingergrrl , thanks for your interest and sorry for this late reply (browser issues). > I will never use the word "cure" or even "recovery" > and am using "remission" in my case b/c I am still > not confident that my situation is permanent. Having had the fundamental experience of a body...
  8. echobravo

Remission success. How?

Must be worth checking out! I assume you have read the recent accounts of several PR members that have gotten a diagnosis of CCI/AAI? jeff_w's story on how CCI/AAI caused brainstem compression. And how fusion surgery seems to have resolved his ME, PEM and POTS symptoms...
  9. echobravo

Remission success. How?

A couple of thoughts on this... If CCI/AAI is causing symptoms, maybe one should be careful with any kind of stretching in the upper neck, because it could make ligaments / connective tissue even more "loose"? Headstand...be cautious! I would guess it could cause a compression of lower...
  10. echobravo

Remission success. How?

Using props like that should make the neck stand a safer option. Regarding blood flow.. are you trying to counter the effects of orthostatic intolerance, by getting more blood into brain/head?
  11. echobravo

Remission success. How?

I am not sure if I can recommend anyone to try the neck stand pose on their own, it has a bad reputation of causing hernias etc. It can make things worse, depending on your physical constitution.. Gradually, over 5 weeks at a yoga hall in Varkala, I built up my strength to be able to stand...
  12. echobravo

Remission success. How?

I have just been at the Salubrious clinic in Varkala, following their 21-day panchakarma. They also have 31-day and 41-day panchakarmas, of which the 41-day treatment will give the most profound rejuvenating effect on all body tissues. The rejuvenation process will supposedly continue for...
  13. echobravo

Remission success. How?

My take on that (based on my own experience) would be that an Ayurveda panchakarma rejuvenation treatment of 3-4 weeks duration, gives more healing than anything the western medicine paradigm has to offer.
  14. echobravo

Remission success. How?

Appreciate it! I have seen improvements since my first ayurveda treatment in Varkala in Nov/Dec 2017, which continued when I went back for 6 more weeks of treatment in Feb/March 2018. A small miracle happened there on March 22nd. During yoga (neckstand pose) a spontaneous adjustment happened in...
  15. echobravo

Hi My name is Myalgic Encephalomyelitis… some friends who have known me for a very long time call me

Better try to reach the clinic by calling. The doctor will usually be there 08-18 (at least) every day, including weekends. Find details at www dot smayurveda dot in. There will be a few of us returning to Varkala during Nov & Dec for continued ayurveda treatment. And for me, yoga as well. I...
  16. echobravo

MitoSwab mitochondrial function testing

Thank you so much for sharing, @Learner1, and for researching - and publishing! - about these tests.
  17. echobravo

Neuroinflammation in the Brain of Patients with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Interesting, is there a thread you would recommend where you have written about this earlier? > reduction in the density of the serotonin transporter(SERT) What do you think would cause this in the first place?
  18. echobravo

The Crossover between Hypothyroidism and CFS

This is new to me. Is there some written work by him that you would recommend? What are his theories about hypothyroidism?
  19. echobravo

7 Day NAD+ Infusions (Severe ME/CFS Recovery, Neurological / Mitochondrial / Genetic Repair) + POLL

Could this be taken transdermally? If so, any chance of DIY’ing a spray or cream? Dr. Myhill uses ADC in some of her transdermal products, e.g. the B12 spray. From her webpage: “ADC is an organic sulphur carrier molecule derived from tree bark which is similar to methyl sulfonyl (MSM - an...
  20. echobravo

High intensity interval training appears to be working for me

I had an energy surge last august and ventured into HIIT 3x3 minutes on the threadmill - after close to zero excercise since 2012. This went quite well for 3 or 4 sessions at the gym, but then PEM set in, worse than ever before. Lots of time spent in bed, arms and legs burning and heavy as lead...
  21. echobravo

The Crossover between Hypothyroidism and CFS

Yep, this exact same thing happens to me as well, been on T3/T4 since 2005, and after that blood work has shown high SHBG and low free testosteron. I have also been contemplating if we really should be intervening too much with our adrenal and thyroid hormones (trying to increase energy or...
  22. echobravo

Uhh...I have MCAS and eating cold potato is helping me? (The case for resistant starch)

Yes, I had the same experience of becoming histamine intolerant (beer, alcohol, aged cheese, tomatoes, prosciutto) after several Abx cures had left my biota in a depleted state..and with an increase in pathogenic / dysbiotic bacteria - including low motility (serotonin/tryptophan production...
  23. echobravo

ANS rewiring

I haven’t done the program, but I have read Dan Neuffer’s book, and it seems he pulled himself out of ME focusing on fixing an ANS stuck in allostatic load. He thinks a few very stessful experiences rewired his neurology in the core brain related to the stress response (fight & flight). I also...
  24. echobravo

Recovery of 3 Severe ME/CFS Patients After Cervical Spinal Stenosis Surgery (2018 / Peter Rowe)

I did, but they (physical therapist, chiropractors) might have looked for other things.
  25. echobravo

Recovery of 3 Severe ME/CFS Patients After Cervical Spinal Stenosis Surgery (2018 / Peter Rowe)

I’ve had the same thought. The improvements I saw in India last Nov/Dec came after 2-3 weeks of deep tissue massage++, but in that third week I started daily yoga which was tough on my back & neck issues - from a car accident in my teens. Also, in week 3 the doctor started to work specifically -...
  26. echobravo

I am having the best day...

The same thing happens to me, I wake up after 4-5 hours of sleep - with heartbeat and feeling very alert and awake, but unrested - and after this I can’t sleep again. Do you take the niacin when you wake up at night, or before going to bed? Timed release?
  27. echobravo

Surprising (Scary!) results from new gut pathogens GI test

Thanks for sharing this essential tip! So, taking the abx IV means it will not affect gut bacteria at all, i.e. nothing of the abx ends up in the intestines, for instance through bile or other mechanisms of “fluid excretion/exchange”? BTW, how does the GI-map test compare to uBiome? Ken...