• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

brain fog going on 8 years, doctors have nothing to say

I haven't taken any of those. Would they help at all? I went gluten free for a good 6 months, then tried eating a ton of bread and cereal… didn't seem to do much of anything.
  2. C

This is EXACTLY the feeling!! Thanks for sharing your story and supplements. Most of my labs were pretty normal including some you listed-- The only out of whack things were low vitamin D and a thyroid nodule (but normal thyroid labs). So outside of increasing the D I haven't been found many...
  3. C

Are you guys still here? I've tried taking the recommended 3 anxiety supplements (NAG, flaxseed and turmeric) and it hasn't helped. Will I just have to accept that I'll never be the same again? sigh...
  4. C

I figure I would ask about my sinuses while this thread is still (kind of?) going. I would say that the brain fog started around the first time I had a series of terrible sinus infections-- I can't recall if the fog happened before or after, but I think before. But basically it started as a...
  5. C

Great, this is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm not sure I can convince a doctor to order the test for me not having some of the symptoms like low platelets or prolonged PTT. But I'm willing to look everywhere at this point. I was gonna try a low-dose aspirin every day to see if it helps at...
  6. C

I hope people are still around here. I had a few other questions… I am now looking at circulatory causes of this as a possible culprit. Does anyone here know if blood clots in the right places can cause brain fog? Or anyone know if Hughes syndrome can cause all of this?? Lastly, are there...
  7. C

Hmm, I wonder if I could get a medical prescription for that. I'm planning to see a rheumatologist for CFS soon…thanks for raising that. That actually reminds me… are there any threads on here or anyone with personal experience about reversing long term alcohol effects? While every doctor...
  8. C

Holy crap, that is a ton of info on thyroid patterns… thanks! It's another thing I will probably have to wade through in due time lol. But yes, I wouldn't try hormone replacement on my own at all-- I'm hesitant about those kinds of things generally. I should have probably also mentioned...
  9. C

Thanks for the reply. Regarding thyroid, I know if T3 or T4 is low they give you replacement hormone, but what do they do if RT3 is high? I'll see if I can convince my current doc to test for it since they really haven't done anything extensive since I had the nodule… Regarding arginine, I...
  10. C

Thanks for the info Chriswolf! Can I ask which amino acid complex you took that helped? Were you able to determine anything in particular in the complex that made the biggest impact? I've heard good things about glutamine, as it is supposed to heal the gut, and the gut and brain are largely...
  11. C

Just tried NAG again today… MUCH better! Will stop posting until I have a chance to experiment with this some more….
  12. C

Oh that's awesome! It's the most exhaustive site I've seen on the net regarding brain fog. I was thinking about consulting with him. I'm not sure what else I can do with the thyroid, as all the docs said the nodule wouldn't be causing the symptoms anyways, although I'm skeptical of that. All...
  13. C

Hey, I'm open to ANY tips even if it's entirely anecdotal. I'm leaving no stone unturned, whether it's a biochemical cause or a chakra imbalance or possession haha!
  14. C

Just tried some NAG today, and actually felt MORE spaced out. I will try not to write it off just yet and see if I can pin it directly to NAG and not something else. This site is very dense (and ironically I probably need to clear my fog before I can fully understand it), but this guy ties...
  15. C

awesome THANK YOU!! Will be studying this tonight. I've tried curcumin before but not turmeric specifically… I noticed you had the two listed separately, so you found the other ingredients in turmeric to be particularly helpful? I had also tried a few others on the list, but not long or...
  16. C

Thanks for the feedback. I did try 3 separate psychiatrists to deal with the problem. Every medication they threw at me just made the fog worse. At one point I was so spaced out I could barely even have a conversation! Of course, there's the chance that maybe I never found the right...
  17. C

Wait, this was done at a totally different time, so I guess it makes the correlation invalid…sorry!
  18. C

Cortisol was 17.5 ug% taken in the morning. Doc said that was normal?
  19. C

Thanks for the info. I've read some horror stories online about doses that high, but I trust anecdotal evidence over preemptive caution… I will see if I can retest everything as well as add rt3 and t3 uptake. I tested negative for antibodies (or below range anyways). Thyroglobulin was...
  20. C

Thanks… I'll see what's available! Just checked the adrenal test I did… DHEA sulfate, 320 range 85-690.
  21. C

Thank you all for the prompt replies! This is very welcoming. Going down the list: Sarah, the other symptoms I have are: scoliosis, which makes me wonder if there's some spinal imbalance or complication that could affect my brain; borderline low ceruloplasmin, which made the doctor test for...
  22. C

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums, but a few threads struck me in a way no other place on this internet has, and I feel this is my best crack at figuring out my ongoing problem. One day about 8 or 9 years ago, some door closed in my brain and I experienced a cloud/fog ever since. I've been on...
  23. C

1 hour remission, random occurrence of apparent shift in brain chemistry

Hmm sounds good... I've tried gluten free for 6 months to no avail, but couldn't bring myself to drop cheese (dropped all other dairy) and drop sugar... maybe I'll try all three and see what happens. I notice my tongue is pretty thoroughly coated white in the front and patchy white in the...
  24. C

@angee111 were you able to figure out what the cause was? I am DYING to figure this out!! If anyone else has any clue how to defeat this please let me know. I've compiled a list of maybe 30 causes of "brain fog," ranging from the most mainstream medical views (anxiety, depression etc) to...
  25. C

Oh my god… I made an account and joined JUST to reply to this thread… this is EXACTLY what I'm going through!! I've had horrible brain fog for the past 8 years straight, and just so life made sure I knew I wasn't crazy, it made the fog randomly disappear for about twenty minutes one day a few...