• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. W

Is taking BH4 a problem for COMT++ ?

I also tried Teitelbaum's protocol many years ago including "Adrenal Stress End". But my stomach didn't tolerante it, so I stopped it. Regarding your self-testing, how do you test the dosages? Do you have to have different dosages in hand or do you just say them? I started self-testing and...
  2. W

What products did you take? How about the dosage, was it prescribed by a doctor?
  3. W

Your expertise is very valuable for me!:thumbsup: I agree, that it might be good to have a low BH4 production, when there is MAO-A +/+. But if you are MAO-B -/- at the same time, you probably have low dopamine and high adrenaline and noradrenalin, which brings up more problems. I tried L-Dopa...
  4. W

@ahmo Your positive experiences with FMN and your recommandation brought me to this thread. But there is a major difference between our genetics. I am +/+ for COMT and you are +/-. I am concerned that activating MAO-B, which is -/-, ends up in less dopamine and more adreanlin and noradrenalin...
  5. W

Perhaps there are others who can help to answer my questions? Do you have any improvement from FMN? I saw that you are +/+ for COMT and MAO-A, too. What's about MAO-B? Do you have problems with too much adreanlin too?
  6. W

It might be a good idea taking cofactors to enzymes instead of products. But FMN activates MAO-A and MAO-B. In my case it would help MAO-A, but that might cause a dopamine deficiency because of MAO-B -/-. What should I do? Regarding SAMe, isn't it a cofactor to COMT too? I tried...
  7. W

I had a crash some weeks ago trying a methylation protocol and I am asking myself what the reason was. I am +/+ for COMT V158M, H62H and MAO-A, -/- for MAO-B. Did I have too much BH4 or too much SAMe? Who knows? Blood tests show normal Serotonin and low Dopamine levels. A low BH4 level might...
  8. W

Some questions - please help

I am far away from that! And unfortunately the unbearable fatigue and weakness are still there. With the fatigue I have increased intolerance to light, sounds, smell. I have to be in bed most of the time. I haven't had such a bad level for years now. So I fear that it will not go away again...
  9. W

I can understand that. But perhaps you have a problem to tolerate one of the substances of the b complex that are not necessarily needed for the methylation protocol. What if you could take more of the methylation substances. That is just a thought.
  10. W

25mg B12, do you mean only MB12 or a mixture of MB12 and AB12? Did you write your story somewhere in this forum? I would like to read that and maybe I don't have to ask all these questions. Self testing sounds great. Perhaps I can learn that.
  11. W

Hi Snowdrop, I found out that my migraines occur every four weeks, so I guess the have a hormonal reason. I always drink a lot of water then, but I never tried electrolytes. Thanks for the hint, I will try it next time. I guess, I have no POTS. I started the potassium in preparation to the...
  12. W

Hi ahmo, wow - it sounds like Methylation therapy is worthwhile for you and I am glad to hear that. To sleep fine is so wonderful, when you were suffering from insomnia for a longer time. It is the symptom I would choose, if I could wish only one of them away! What would you call a...
  13. W

@mariovitali Here are the results. What do you infer out of it? DPAGT1 rs643788(Risk C) CC rs28934876 (Risk C) TT ER Stress response rs13045 (EIF2AK3-PERK) : Risk C not found rs2239815(XBP1) : Risk C TT rs10918270(ATF6) : Risk A AG rs391957 (HSPA5) : Risk C not found GCH1...
  14. W

@ahmo As far as I have read you have been on a high dose of methylation supplements. How long are you taking B12 and folate? Did you make it to switch on the methylation cycles? Do you have any improvements from that? If so, what are the main improvements? Are you able to have a normal life now?
  15. W

Hi Snowdrop, Thanks for your sympathy and that you share your ideas. Magnesium was one of the first supplements I was taking due to muscle cramps and I am taking it for years now. Blood testing always shows normal values, so it seems like my body needs it. Perhaps it is helpful, if I list up...
  16. W

@mariovitali I will try to list up the results later today
  17. W

Brenda, if you don't have any improvements and increased inflammation, why are you taking it?
  18. W

Yes, I did the test from 23andme.com.
  19. W

Hi ahmo, unfortunately my brain is still not working well. I also realized that I changed from hypothyroidism to symptoms of a hyperthyroidism the last days. I will get through your Information as soon as I am able to do that. I am housebound for years now and any worsening changes my...
  20. W

Hi Brenda, Thanks for sharing your experience! I tried one fourth of a pure b complex some weeks ago and felt quite bad. I found it hard to know which of the components is creating that so I decided to take no mixed product. Perhaps it was also the folate, but in the past I also had problems...
  21. W

Hi ahmo, I took one more dose of Niacin last night and I was happy that I could fall asleep then. Today I feel like a truck ran me over, flu-like-symptoms, headache, lightheadedness and ringing in the ears. I am very sensible to sounds and light and it is hard to be up. I reduced the dose of...
  22. W

Hi ahmo, Thanks a lot for the information and your thoughts. I am doing quite bad, bedridden most of the time. It is no longer only fatigue, I have the feeling as if I would have leakage current in my brain and I am starting to have panic symptoms. It is a hell of a ride and I have no idea...
  23. W

(I am the husband of Wickie and writing this on behalf as due to her severe condition she is not able to read and post in the forum at the moment) Dear ahmo, Thanks a lot for your answer and suggestion to reduce the amount of folate. Frankly speaking I/we can’t understand the logic behind...
  24. W

Hello, I am a middle-aged woman from Germany, suffering from CFS for many years now. I have read through this forum for quite a while, but there are still things I do not understand, due to my low cognitive abilities or because English is not my mothertongue, I don’t know. But it is hard to...
  25. W

Comment by 'Wickie' in 'My Understanding of Freddd's Protocol'

Thanks a lot for your summary. it helped a lot! Could you tell me, why you have only one MeB12 listed in your table? I read several times in other documents that Freddd recommends to take two brands, Jarrow Formulas 5mg and Enzymatic Therapy 1mg MeB12 because they were made from different...