• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

Help interpreting amino acid test results

ok sorry just to reply to you guys this was a URINE TEST and the body odor is primarily ammonia but sometimes it varies into onion, fecal or mousy.
  2. F

Help interpreting amino acid test results

hi guys about 2 months ago I did an amino acid test and here are the results. The reason I did the test was because me and my brother both suffer from body odor, exhaustion, excessive sweating and various other health problems including abnormal body shape since age 12. I suspect I have some...
  3. F

Amino Acid Disorder (Urine or blood test?)

The thing is there MILD forms of all amino acid disorders. The reason I think I have an amino acid disorder is because I suffer from chronic body odor and as I understand it, from my research, body odor is caused by amino acids being metabolised by bacteria on your skin. I think I have excess...
  4. F

Amino Acid Disorder (Urine or blood test?)

Hello guys, I feel like my fatigue may be related actually to some form of a mild amino acid disorder. I have alot of evidence and suspicion to back this up which I won't go into. The NHS is refusing to give me a test for the disorders I think I might have which are: PKU, Homocystinuria...
  5. F

Undiagnosed rare disease (help please) :(

Hi guys, Lots of love for replying thanks means alot to me. The problem is the fatigue is crippling to the point I can't even work and I have LOW shgb and low testorterone but also I have severe body odor and bad breath if that makes a difference. I know body odor and bad breath are linked to...
  6. F

Undiagnosed rare disease (help please) :(

Hi guys, For years I have suffered from fatigue, bad breath, body odor, easily crying, muscle weakness and various other problems. More importantly I also have wide hips (TOO wide clearly wide). My other problem is I have neurological issues...I don't think the same way other people do at least...
  7. F

Could someone check my private thyroid test results??

Hi, Firstly thanks for your reply. Yes my hunch was that its a hormonal problem. The problem I'm facing is I'm not that well off and have a budget for these blood tests. I'll see if I can stretch it a bit. My first guess was thats its a hormonal problem (which seems to be ever more unlikely...
  8. F

Thanks for reply guys. My basic symptoms are: Severe chronic body odor, Chronic Bad Breath, Chronic fatigue since age 12, Weak muscles, General weakness, moodyness/irratability and brain fog. One of the major symptoms I have is severely deformed hips (wide for a male and a big bottom)...
  9. F

Hi guys, I recently had my thyroid tested privately and the results are in. Everything has come within range but I know the thyroid is a complex business so just wanted someone to quickly take a look. Here they are: THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE - 3.11 mIU/L (Range: 0.27 - 4.2) FREE THYROXINE -...
  10. F

how do hormones cause fatigue??? (low testosterone)

Hi guys, So I'm in a bit of a pickle today about 3 months ago I had my testosterone, fsh and lh tested and all of them came back low. The doctor referred me to an endo but the appointment is in 4 months. I had long suspected my oestradial levels may be high also so had it tested privately not...
  11. F

Where can I buy non-irradiated garlic in the UK??

Hi guys, I'm wondering where I can buy non-irradiated garlic and other stuff like ginger,onion etc. in the UK. I prefer to buy instore but am happy to buy online. i read somewhere that garlic is a strong antibiotic and may help with fatigue not sure if true but worth a shot I guess. Right now...
  12. F

transdermal energy patches

hi guys, ok so I am wondering if it is possible to make transdermal (energy) patches at home somehow??? After alot of googling I can't seem to find anything. The thing is I want a way to slowly release lemon juice into my bloodstream (or ACV or any other liquid) which might give me energy. I...
  13. F

Help with results: Testosterone, LH and FSH low

No I just did testosterone, FSH and LH. Also I forgot to mention my age I'm only 25 so I'm not sure my testosterone should be this low. I'm guessing when I get referred to an endrocologist they'll do more tests including the ones above. I'm especially hoping they can do an MRI/CT of my pituary...
  14. F

Help with results: Testosterone, LH and FSH low

Hi guys, About a few weeks ago I had my testosterone, LH and FSH tested. The results are as follows: Testosterone: 8 nmol/L (Range: 9-27 nmol/L) LH: 1.7 iu/L (Range: 1.14 - 8.75 iu/L) FSH: 0.6 iu/L (Range: 0.95 - 12 iu/L) Now looking at this clearly my testosterone is low as is my FSH. My...
  15. F

could someone check my blood tests please

I'm not sure why didn't check my FT3 tbh but I'll enquite at my next appointment which is in 3 weeks. Before this blood test I had a terrible doctor who would refuse to test me my new doctor is ok'ish so hopefully I'll get some results.
  16. F

yes that is what I was told I'll do whatever it takes but I'm wondering how much I should be taking long-term for the rest of my life to keep myself from becoming defiecent??? My doctor says 1000 IU I was thinking it might be closer to 2000-4000 not sure tbh I'm getting very mixed answers from...
  17. F

yes it is vitamin d 25-OH-D and thank you for reply sir. I am so desperate to fix my problems I would do anything right now in particular the chronic fatigue.
  18. F

nope they didn't do FT3 the B12 range is 191-900 ng/L. thanks for replying btw m8.
  19. F

Hi guys, Firstly thanks for reading secondly I would like to say my main symptoms are CFS, chronic body odor, wide hips + a big back (for a male), joint pains and excessive sweating. Now with that aside I recently did some blood tests and I'm not sure how to interprete them. My results are...
  20. F

cheapest private tests in london

Oh sorry I might have misunderstood what herx means I mean I get serious detox symptoms sorry about that lol.
  21. F

cheapest private tests in london

Hi guys, I was wondering where is the cheapest place in london to get blood testing done?? So far I have found pulsescreening which seems to be the cheapest. My doctor won't help me so I need to go private my budgest is £500 only. ok let me begin by listing my symptoms (I am male btw) ...
  22. F

magnesium and malic acid OR magnesium malate

Hi guys, I'm considering giving magnesium/malic acid a try for my fatigue however am wondering do I have to take them as a magnesium malate supplement or can I take malic acid and magnesium at the same time as individual supplements? thanks for helping.
  23. F

what is the mechanism of fatigue?

Hi guys, I didn't know where to post this and googling just confused me more so I'm wondering what are the mechanisms of fatigue??? so for example I know low-ATP can be a mechanism of fatigue. Say your fatigue is hormonal or due to some medical condition does this mean you can cure it by...
  24. F

Unknown condition causing CFS

yes I also believe hormones are the issue anyway thanks guys I'll look into everything you've said. very helpful :).
  25. F

for the poster above I'm in the UK and we have free healthcare but my GP and several others at the practice I attend won't even take me seriously suggesting I'm just lazy and everyone has body odor. As for the symptoms the body odor started when I was 12 however the fatigue has grown gradually...
  26. F

thank you for your reply guys. Other symptoms are joint pain and I bruise easily. the problem is my doctor won't take me seriously and i'm unfortunately a quite shy and not a very assertive individual. I'm not sure what my next step is i'm only 25 and this condition whatever it is has...
  27. F

Hi guys first post yipee, ok so I don't know where to start basically since I was 12 years old I've had uncontrollable body odor, fatigue, excessive sweating, weakness and brain fog. Interestingly my brother has had the same problems since he was 12. This basically suggests to me my problems...