• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

Depersonalization/Derealization and brain fog

I recognize the symptoms you describe - particularly depersonalization. I would be willing to accept it was anxiety - the problem is that it only occurs when I am experiencing strong symptoms, particularly during a relapse.
  2. H

BBC interview with Ron Davis

I hope it is fair - I used to be a journalist and can tell you that simply being interviewed does not put you in editorial control of the story.
  3. H

British Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME (BACME) - anyone know anything?

BACME also produced a guide for "healthcare professionals" in August last year overseen by the then chairman Alastair Miller. It was pretty much what you would expect, CBT etc. As I remember it was made available as a PDF and promoted, perhaps inevitably, byAction for ME before they redid their...