• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Tooth Enamel

Hey everyone. I wrote this post so long ago. Thanks for the comments. I believe much of my tooth enamel problems were to taking a lot of vitamin c... ascorbic acid, mixed in water and juice throughout the day. I still do this, but make my own baking soda mouth wash, and use that after each meal...
  2. D

Poetry for Difficulty

The Invitation By Oriah Mountain Dreamer It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing. It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love for your...
  3. D

Poetry for Difficulty

As You Go Through Life By Ella Wheeler Wilcox Don't look for the flaws as you go through life; And even when you find them, It is wise and kind to be somewhat blind And look for the virtue behind them. For the cloudiest night has a hint of light Somewhere in its shadows hiding; It is better by...
  4. D

Poetry for Difficulty

Equipment By Edgar Guest Figure it out for yourself, my lad, You've all that the greatest of men have had, Two arms, two hands, two legs, two eyes, And a brain to use if you would be wise. With this equipment they all began, So start for the top and say "I can." Look them over, the wise and...
  5. D

Poetry for Difficulty

The Will To Win By Berton Braley If you want a thing bad enough To go out and fight for it, Work day and night for it, Give up your time and your peace and your sleep for it If only desire of it Makes you quite mad enough Never to tire of it, Makes you hold all other things tawdry and cheap...
  6. D

Poetry for Difficulty

Good Timber By Douglas Malloch The tree that never had to fight For sun and sky and air and light, But stood out in the open plain And always got its share of rain, Never became a forest king But lived and died a scrubby thing. The man who never had to toil To gain and farm his patch of soil...
  7. D

Poetry for Difficulty

Invictus By William Ernest Henley Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul. In the fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance My head is bloody, but unbowed...
  8. D

Poetry for Difficulty

“IF” By Rudyard Kipling If you can keep your head when all about you Are losing theirs and blaming it on you; If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, But make allowance for their doubting too: If you can wait and not be tired by waiting, Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies, Or...
  9. D

Poetry for Difficulty

Hey everyone, This will be my first post in a long time. Started looking up some poems a few days ago, and have found them to be quite moving. It made me think of all of you, and that you would also appreciate them. They are all quite famous; some you will have heard before. Please post your...
  10. D

Can Someone Please Check Out My Supplementation Regime?

@PatJ Yeah, they call it Idiopathic Postprandial Syndrome; where you get hypoglycemic symptoms without actual hypoglycemia. Also known as Adrenergic Postprandial Syndrome, where the adrenal glands are getting things wrong, and contributing to it.
  11. D

@BeADocToGoTo1 The last time it was tested, by HbA1c was 25 mmol/mol. Not sure how that fits in with your percentage. That was taken ages ago, actually. I get symptoms of hypoglycemia when my blood-sugar is normal; like at 100. From what I understand, that shouldn't be happening at that...
  12. D

@pamojja loving that Vitamin C article. @PatJ 70 minutes... that must have almost driven you crazy? I am writing this in the middle of the night, actually, because, as usual, I've woken up and will need to eat before I can go back to sleep. It's like the body is super mental about preventing...
  13. D

Thanks for the replies! Yeah, the garden is awesome. I forgot to mention that I also have Marjoram, Sorrel, Lemon Vibena, and Pineapple Sage. The following are planted, but still too small to harvest: Lemon Grass, Chervil, Tarragon, Peppermint, Spearmint and a Curry Plant. Herbs just have so...
  14. D

Just looking for some feedback and commentary of my proposed supplement regime for the coming year. These supplements are not specifically intended to recover from ME/CFS, they are just to try and cover all the most common nutritional deficiencies, and biohack things a bit. Basically, the goal...
  15. D

Tooth Enamel

What a nightmare, @gbells! @xploit316 I'm always on a quest to improve my diet, but I'd attribute the enamel improvement to the toothpaste, rather than any diet or supplement change I made. In hindsight, though, I probably should have gotten onto some Vitamin D, thoughout the winter months...
  16. D

Tooth Enamel

Hi @xploit316. Well, I wasn't trying to get rid of tooth enamel, I was trying to rebuild it, as I had holes in my enamel. And, very interestingly, I have found something that works. Do a search for Apagard Royal toothpaste. It is a Japanese toothpaste that rebuilds tooth enamel with nano...
  17. D

Making your own Mineral Supplements?

Wow. This is the site that I've always believed should exist. Thanks heaps, @pamojja. Haha, a kilo of instant release Niacin for just US$36.50... going to have so much fun with this!
  18. D

The Unquiet Dead

So I came across this book title a few days ago. Is by a psychologist named Edith Fiore. The claim is that she helped out a good deal of people from a lot of miserable conditions, Chronic Fatigue included, by getting rid of spirits that were haunting them. I'm sure most people just rolled their...
  19. D

Making your own Mineral Supplements?

Does anyone have any thoughts/knowledge/experience on this? Are there any posts on the forum about this kinda thing already? I just like doing things on the cheap; I suspect that there are chemical wholesalers that you can buy a few bags of minerals from, mix them up and take them instead of...
  20. D

This Rekt Me; Posting to Aware Others

Is a possibility, but not the most likely one, in my opinion @xena. Mold hasn't been a problem for me, so far as I know, and I was only there for a couple of hours. Actually, I no longer think that the river was the main cause of the crash; I'm working on getting to the bottom of it. When I...
  21. D

I gotta stop playing the victim card, I think...

@Tammy no, that's exactly they way I intend it, haha, I do this all the time! And I've been starting to think: I don't think I can make as much improvement so long as I'm feeling screwed over by others. As long as I have that general feeling about life, then I think the chemistry that goes on...
  22. D

Thanks for all the replies, everyone. It’s good to hear the different perspectives on this. And, yeah, just to clarify, I’m not suggesting that we can recover simply by positive thinking alone. My theory is that negativity prevents or makes the recovery/improvement much more difficult, by way...
  23. D

I've been brewing up with a theory in my mind for a while now, and wanted to share it here, and see if anyone else thinks along the same lines. It's a difficult theory to accept, but I am starting to suspect that it's true... I thinking that, as long as we feel like victims, whether that be of...
  24. D

Good advice @Loomcgoo. Am trying not to panic, thought I have had a few scared moments. More than likely, though, so long as I manage to stay clear of viruses, and take it nice and easy for a while, I'll come right again.
  25. D

Hey everyone, Haven't posted anything on here in ages, because I've been doing so good. That changed about about six weeks ago, and I thought I'd share what went wrong here, in case it can provide some insight to someone. July was the strongest I'd been in years. I was power walking a...
  26. D

Foods high in antioxidants/ORAC value list? My way to recovery

Thanks for the link, @Timaca. One thing to note is that the Mucusless diet is not necessarily a raw food diet.
  27. D

Foods high in antioxidants/ORAC value list? My way to recovery

Hi @Timaca, Yes, doing well. A month ago, I read Arnold Ehret's Muscusless Diet work. Very motivated by it. I consider it some of the best health info out there. Have started changing things around according to it, and seeing great results. Have given up all the beans and grains. Daily diet...
  28. D

The Outer Limits...

Personally, I just feel that I come up with my own thoughts... sure, I might get the initial ideas from somewhere, but, right now, at this moment, it's me that's doing the thinking; not some other 'entity'. These doctors are saying that they really suspect that these voices that some...
  29. D

The Outer Limits...

Hi Everyone, I haven't made a post on here in a long time. Things are going well. Have maybe 10% of my energy back (from well under 1% back in 2014). Still a lot of problems, but making great progress. Anyway, I just stumbled across something quite interesting, and wanted to share it here...
  30. D

Heard a Nice Quote Today

I heard it from the current Mr Olympia, Phil Heath, at the Olympia press conference yesterday. The Olympia contest is on this weekend... it's a bodybuilding contest... that one that Arnold Schwarzenegger won seven times back in the day. You can watch it live at iHerb, of all places...