• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. cfs info

$$$ for WPI vote daily now in Vivint Round 2!

True and we very much appreciate the awareness this contest has afforded the organization. We will be back next year - we've learned alot and made many new connections even if it hasn't translated into the votes we need.
  2. cfs info

All the people working to get the National ME/FM Action network $100G would appreciate continued voting supporting as well as donations. We haven't given up trying to find more votes. We can't afford to lose any support now just in case we can pull off a miracle. Just as you don't want to not...
  3. cfs info

The use of paypal is so Canadians donating to a Canadian charity can get a tax receipt. Without this we wouldn't get a take receipt and our donations would be lower. You don't have to create a paypal account. It just has to flow through them. FYI the charities had to do work to set up the...
  4. cfs info

Thanks for your support Dolphin. We're still trying to get the vote out but it's not easy. We lost some to summer vacation at the cottage.
  5. cfs info

The have clarified it - it's $2500 for the whole contest. As WPI has hit their matching limit and National ME/FM Action Network still has room, can you donate to them in the next round?
  6. cfs info

Thanks for your support Helen41.
  7. cfs info

Win 100,000 for National ME/FM Action Network - just a few clicks

They support FM patients the same as ME patients. They help with doctors, legal support, education just to name a few and of course the International conf in Sept which includes FM. We have targeted FM groups from the beginning of the contest. Stats that would be of interest would be...
  8. cfs info

Win 100,000 for National ME/FM Action Network - just a few clicks

Thanks for this post. FYI, we have an event set up that if you join it you will get a dialy facebook message. Join https://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=110293289062328 WPI is now leading by 28627 in its region. If you do the math it's slim to none that any of it's competition can start...
  9. cfs info

I spoke with them on the phone and was told they are definitly disqualifed. At the time of the call, they were still showing. They said they would be removed by the end of the day and they were. You don't have to worry about them again - at least in this contest.
  10. cfs info

Vivint will match your donations to the National ME/FM Action Network and to the WPI!

These comments are correct - yu can't tell with their current set up if money is matched or exceeds the matching amount. may 12th is posting on their wall to try to get them to do somethng concreate with respect to this issue. Everyone, please donate to the National ME/FMAction Network...
  11. cfs info

Vivint will match your donations to the National ME/FM Action Network and to the WPI!

Thanks Eric. Yes please donate first to National ME/FM Action Network. They spearheaded the Canadian consensus document and are host to the International Conf in Ottawa in Sept. They need the money. Their website is www.mefmaction.com.
  12. cfs info

They are officially gone. I got confirmation of it from Vivint. So can you now support National ME/FM Action Network?
  13. cfs info

Thanks for your support. Don't count us out until the contest is over! We have a very determined and dedicated group of people working to get us the votes. If a few of the contacts we're working on click then we'll get the votes. It's important that we don't keep slipping as it makes it harder...
  14. cfs info

Thanks Glen I agree we can both win $100,000. That should be our goal as well as getting all 4 charities to get $2500 in donations so they all get a minimum $5000 from the contest.
  15. cfs info

Supporting National ME/FM Action Network Now that the matching period is announced, can you financially support the National ME/Fm Action Network? Can you help get them to $2500 so they get matched an receive $5000? Assuming VIVINT has enough evidence to disqualify Conjeco, if they were gone...
  16. cfs info

Thanks Helen for your support.
  17. cfs info

Thanks Eric for your support. They said they will give 24hrs notice and then there will be 48hrs to donate. I'll be watching for the message but I hope everyone on this board will watch too and the first person to see the message will let us all know so we can maximize reaction time. Here's...
  18. cfs info

matching donations Vivint has a comment about matching donations and to watch for a posting next week. Will people support the National ME/FM Action Network and IACFSME with donations?
  19. cfs info

Also, the best way to get Vivint's attentin is to post your questins on their wall.
  20. cfs info

I think the rules are clear that the Pepsi thing would be a violation - no trading or exchanging votes.
  21. cfs info

I've been corresponding with Vivint to try to get the rules clarified. Here is there latest response. "Vote trading is not allowed in the contest. Voting exchange websites are also not allowed. I will have a detailed list sent to you as soon as possible thank you for your inquiry."
  22. cfs info

If you want a quarantee of funding for the community, then vote for the National ME/FM Network. The Canadian region doesn't have the risks of the Pacific region.
  23. cfs info

Here are the links http://www.vivint.com/givesbackproject/charity/855 and Join https://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=110293289062328 for a daily reminder.
  24. cfs info

Thanks Eric for your comments. I believe we can both win $100,000 if we all work together. We are a community that needs to work together and we can't afford to take sides. Together we can accomplish a lot and win $200,000 for our community.
  25. cfs info

If Conejo is connected with schools, then won't the student be away for the summer vacation and not within their control to get them to vote? If we support National ME/FM Action now, we get them caught up closer to the leader it makes the odds of getting #1 better. If we wait too long before...
  26. cfs info

Thank you for your support. I can tell you were are very actively working on geting more Canadian to vote for us. It just takes some time. I ask that you continue to vote for us. I request that you contine to support the National group for a few weeks not days. Thank you in advance for your...
  27. cfs info

I wrote her too so hopefully she will write an article.
  28. cfs info

I think it's great Marly has issued a statement. I think we can both win. SpecialK82, I think there is definitely hope for the National ME/FM Action Network. I also like the suggestion to get out the vote campaign. Any ideas on how to do that and stay within the rules?
  29. cfs info

PANDORA supports voting for National ME/FM Action Network This email message was just posted in Facebook: Can we do what she recommends? * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * From: "Marly C. Silverman" Date: June 28, 2011 9:02:59 PM EDT To...