• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. matsli

Comment by 'matsli' in 'What can help?'

@Jesse2233 Mi wife got 10 months antiobotics. On Bells scale from 25 to about 60. Much better, but still sick.
  2. matsli

New study out of Australia

@gretac Yes, think so :) I have written some more and have a homepage and twitter in Sweden. Please read this blog: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?entries/what-can-help.2092/
  3. matsli

@gretac Thanks, I do not know If I have right in my conclusions...
  4. matsli

Not enough oxygen leads to increased consumption of amino acids. Just before Christmas, the Norwegian oncologists published a study where they found that pyruvate dehydrogenase complex (PDH) has reduced capacity. It's about the process when the glucose is converted to pyruvate to eventually be...
  5. matsli

What can help?

Today, there is no cure for ME The cause of ME is not established. There are indications that ME can be composed of different subgroups. However, there are some clinical studies and anecdotal stories that have shown more or less good results for patients suffering from CFS or ME/CFS. Much more...
  6. matsli

The question concerns serology and "tired B-cells"

Hello, I have some questions, and I will be happy if someone has the answers. Swedish healthcare thinks generally that indication of active / reactivated infection means that IgM is outside the reference in most (all?) infectious diseases. However, there are researchers and clinicians who...
  7. matsli

Phosphatidylcholine?

Interesting. Acetylcholine-esterase inhibition (oral pyridostigmine) worked for some. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14567934
  8. matsli

Creating pathogen-targeted chick egg yoke antibodies to cure ME/CFS

It is from my swedish blog. I am writing a lot about ME/CFS and Lyme Disease. My wife has been sick since 2008 in ME/CFS and Fibromyalgi. In february 2016 she got positive for Lyme and a lot of other infections. She is much better after 12 weeks IV antibiotics. Please read this...
  9. matsli

Falsified: Microscopy method is not useful for detecting Borrelia & Babesia

@Dufresne I have not made the study, I only initiated it. It is a biomedical scientist who made all work. We could not afford more than 5 healthy controls, because it is self-financed by the patients. All of the five showed no spirochetes...
  10. matsli

PCR test - This test looks for the presence of the Lyme bacteria’s DNA in blood to confirm a diagnosis. Your blood sample may not have any Lyme DNA in it because when Borrelia is in its cyst-form, it rarely releases any. Also, people with Lyme disease have periods of time where they are more or...
  11. matsli

@alicec http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/764501
  12. matsli

@deleder2k Why PCR is not a safe method The lyme spirochete has developed strategies to escape the immune system. An example of this type of mechanism is antigenic variation. It has been defined as changes in structure or expression of antigenic proteins that occurs during infection at a...
  13. matsli

AMPK, Glucose uptake - Metformin and insulin

Last year, it was discovered that CFS patients have impaired activation of AMPK “What we have been able to identify is that production of AMPK is impaired in patients with CFS compared to those without.This is an important finding because there are drugs that are currently already available that...
  14. matsli

32 of 40 chronically ill have spirochetes in their blood

I hope you all understand that I do what I can to find the reason why my wife and several others have this terrible disease. I have no laboratory. I appeal for help. I hope that researchers should do more and also be interested in this. It looks like spirochete for me , but I'm not professionel...
  15. matsli

@Strawberry Both Jonas and I are healthy. But our wifes have severe ME/CFS. We are doing our best to find out how to make them better. It is difficult, but I am sure we will find some bio markers soon. We will never give up! ME / CFS is a severe disease which is also very difficult to...
  16. matsli

@Kina I do not know more than you . It's the biomedical analyst who says it is spirochetes. Apparently, one sees more clearly direct in the microscope than by camera. I do not doubt her skills. She has worked in the laboratory for several years. She has also been trained by Boszic in Hungary. He...
  17. matsli

This is not a scientific method. This means that no doctor can help. Some get anyway antibiotics by their doctors now, but far from all. Some have sent blood samples to Germany where they have better and more reliable test. My wife has sent blood to arminlabs (ELISPOT and CD57). If she has a...
  18. matsli

Just so everyone will get a perspective what I, the "controversial, manipulative" person write about. I have Google translated one post from my blog: For researchers and treating physicians about ME / CFS By Mats Lindström January 6, 2016 I have compiled what I find most interesting about...
  19. matsli

Jonas, I hope your wife will get healhy soon!
  20. matsli

You can read about the bad lyme test here Sensitivity is 5 - 25% in actual practice -PCR Sensitivity is 43% in actual practice - ELISA http://www.aonm.org/assets/dr.-armin-schwarzbach-aonm-lifting-the-veil.pdf Remember - the firts lyme spirochete was detected in a microscope...
  21. matsli

I am convinced that a subgroup of ME/CFS has lyme disease. In this article you can read it can be as many as 88-95% who have Lyme disease. You should not ignore the fact that there may be an option for some...
  22. matsli

Another study and a similar result. 8 patients with ME / CFS and 3 other people were suspected that they had Lyme disease. 10 of 11 had already been tested for Lyme disease in healthcare. All had negative results. All were subjected to dark field microscopy. In the film you can see that all have...
  23. matsli

This is not a evidence baced study. It is private. My wife has been sick for over 7 years. She became ill in autumn 2008 by a tick bite. 2012 she was diagnosed with ME / CFS. She never received any treatment for Lyme disease. A disease that I suspected from the beginning. She got negative...
  24. matsli

Dimexanol for leaky gut?

Is there anyone who have tried Dimexanol? It contains the "mud" Morelyte which encapsulates the bacteria, toxins and other crap in the intestine. It settles as a barrier against intestinal mucosa. It must logically be good against leaky gut then? Or am I wrong? There are at the pharmacy for...
  25. matsli

Comment by 'matsli' in 'Biomarkers for ME/CFS'

#Valentinj - I am not sure, but it seems to be rather common, but I really don´t know. Paul Andersons study is from 2012, but I don´t think there are any difference today. http://mthfrliving.com/public_files/mthfr_fms_cfs_anderson_study.PDF
  26. matsli

Biomarkers for ME/CFS

I have put together what I found for variances, based in part of studies and partly by extensive contacts with many suffering from ME/CFS. Feel free to fill in the comment field. Please indicate the source if you consider that the majority has just this deviation. I'll update later. NK cells We...
  27. Sign the petition where I want Sweden to contribute to international research for ME / CFS

Sign the petition where I want Sweden to contribute to international research for ME / CFS

Please, sign the petition where I want Sweden to contribute to international research for ME / CFS - it will also help you! Sweden has money and Sweden has about 40 000 people suffering from ME / CFS. I hope that Sweden can contribute to the Open Medicine Foundation and Lipkin / Hornig study. I...
  28. ME/CFS is a "slush diagnosis"

ME/CFS is a "slush diagnosis"

Imagine you suffer from a disease that makes you have flu symptoms, every day, year in and year out. You are going toup to the health center and a doctor sitting and looking in another direction. He/she does not understand why you are sick. You have received a "slush diagnosis". They have decide...