• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Waldemath

The Multivitamin Thread

Thanks, Gary. I'll add that one to the list.
  2. Waldemath

The Multivitamin Thread

Looks similar to the one I'm taking: http://www.seekinghealth.com/b-complex-supplement.html Swanson has 50mg Niacin instead of 95mg (probably a good thing). It has 30x less Biotin (25 mcg vs 750mcg) and 5x less Pantethine (25mg vs 125mg). Not sure if that is a good thing.
  3. Waldemath

The Multivitamin Thread

From what I have gathered, multivitamins work for some people and not for others. I've been using individual vitamins for about a year and I'd like to see if I can switch to a multi for convenience. Here are some options: https://www.exosfuel.com/products/dp/multi-vitamin-elite...
  4. Waldemath

Are my cortisol levels bad? And how does this relate to methylation?

@jimells Thanks for the info! I'll keep that in mind as this progresses. @Aerose91 That makes intuitive sense. That has been my idea all along, to get stable on the hydrocortisone until I can regain healthy functioning. When you say titrate up, though...I've been on 1400mg methylfolate for 2...
  5. Waldemath

@JaimeS I've been taking it for at least 6 weeks. First I was taking Gaia Herbs liquid capsules, which is an extract containing the equivalent of 2700mg dry herb. Twice a day, 5400mg/day. I recently switched to Organic India capsules, which contains 400mg per capsule, 3x/day, so 1200mg/day.
  6. Waldemath

I took a Functional Adrenal Stress Profile from BioHealth Laboratory. The results were: Cortisol (Morning): 10.7 (13.0 - 24.0) Cortisol (Noon): 2.4 (5.0 - 8.0) Cortisol (Evening): 1.1 (4.0 - 7.0) Cortisol (Night): 0.34 (1.0 - 2.0) DHEA-S (Avg): 13.38 (2.0 - 10.0) So the...
  7. Waldemath

Tracking Symptoms on Freddd's protocol

Oh wow, you're right. I had even cut it down to 1/8th of a pill (62.5mg) and I think my body is reacting very strongly to it. I'm clearly undergoing massive healing, but it's overwhelming. It seems like my appetite has suddenly gone and I've been experiencing nausea. Granted, there are other...
  8. Waldemath

Updates: The insomnia went away after a week. Only happens sporadically now. I am NOT taking Potassium, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, or Calcium. Not sure if I need to add these. Switched brands of Methylcobalamin from 1000mcg Enzymatic Therapy to 5000mcg Country Life. I was stable on 1000mcg. The...
  9. Waldemath

I was on Freddd's protocol for a few months last summer and had to stop because it was too overwhelming. Now I've been on it again for a month and things are going well. I'm also taking hydrocortisone for adrenal fatigue which makes a significant difference in my well-being. I don't have a...
  10. Waldemath

What could cause sudden appetite suppression and nausea?

Thanks for the advice, ahmo and Mary. I did have a feeling the jump from 5000mcg to 10,000mcg methylfolate may have been too much. I'm gonna bump it back down and see if that clears things up. Gondwanaland, I've been taking 400mg magnesium monomalate/bisglycinate every night along with calcium...
  11. Waldemath

What could cause sudden appetite suppression and nausea?

I've been on Fredd's protocol for a month (I was on Rich's for 2 months before that with no success) and things have been going ok. During the past few days my appetite has decreased, especially in the morning. Yesterday I could not finish breakfast because I felt like I would vomit if I took...
  12. Waldemath

experience with B-12

I get that same feeling when I nap without falling asleep. It's awesome.
  13. Waldemath

Is twisting the wrists while sleeping some kind of symptom?

I also do this. I was taking Milk Thistle 300mg/day for a few months but stopped because I thought it was making me feel sick. Now I take a small amount which is included in my multivitamin. Maybe 1/10th that amount? My wife takes 300mg/day and also has the wrist curling thing. I always thought...
  14. Waldemath

Feeling worse on Rich's protocol after adding Cofactors and Folinic Acid. Most likely culprit?

It's been 3 days on Freddd's protocol and I'm already feeling much better. My energy, sleep, mood, and digestion are improved. Suddenly I am doing pushups and going for 2 mile walks in the morning! Then I take a 30 minute nap afterward and I am good! It's amazing how quickly things changed once...
  15. Waldemath

Feeling worse on Rich's protocol after adding Cofactors and Folinic Acid. Most likely culprit?

Thanks for the balloons! I will post another update in a week or so to see how the Methyl B-12 is going.
  16. Waldemath

Today I decided to stop Rich's protocol and try Freddd's. Instead of my usual morning supplements, I took 1000mcg Methylcobalamin and 400mcg Methylfolate (along with some coenzymated B-2) first thing in the morning. I felt great! I exercised for the first time in 2 weeks! Maybe the...
  17. Waldemath

Critterina's Histamine Intolerance Journal

@ahmo What caused your acute gall bladder pain? Food sensitivities? I have had that problem sporadically throughout my life (at least I think it was the gall bladder). The pain usually lasts for a few days and is excruciating. Sorry if this is off topic. I am going to read through the rest of...
  18. Waldemath

Hi Critterina, Thanks. I added my SNPs to my signature. I do not have A1298C. I'm going to remove the Folinic Acid for a week and see if that helps. If that doesn't work I'll try as you suggested and reintroduce the cofactors one by one.
  19. Waldemath

Previously I was taking: Yasko's All In One (2x) Methylfolate (200mcg) HydroxyB12 (1000mcg) FMN (18mg) Sunflower Lecithin (1200mg) Vitamin D (2000 IU) And I started feeling a bit better -- less muscle tension, positive mood, and one day I even had the energy to do pushups and squats! Then, 10...
  20. Waldemath

Afternoon crash on Rich's methylation protocol

Here is an update after 2 weeks... I mostly eliminated the afternoon crash. I made a few changes -- adding various cofactors, adding FMN, and replacing PS (Phosphatidylserine) with Sunflower Lecithin. I also stopped eating sulfur-containing foods and green vegetables. Here is my new supplement...
  21. Waldemath

This is great. Thank you, Caledonia!
  22. Waldemath

@caledonia Thanks. I was looking at an updated version of Rich's protocol posted by someone else: Simplified Methylation Protocol Revised as of Today Now I am looking at the version posted by Rich in 2012: Revised Simplified Methylation Protocol (August 25, 2012 Revision) One pill of the All...
  23. Waldemath

@minkeygirl @ahmo Thanks for the information. I am not supplementing with Potassium. I will try FMN and report back with my observations!
  24. Waldemath

@Valentijn Yes. I shouldn't have abbreviated that. The supplement is called "Phosphatidyl Serine Complex" and it contains: Phosphorus 10 mg Potassium 3 mg Phosphatidyl serine complex: 500 mg ~Phosphatidylserine 100 mg ~Phosphatidylcholine 55 mg ~Phosphatidylinositol 10 mg...
  25. Waldemath

A few months ago, my doctor tested me for MTHFR. I came back homozygous for 677T, and she started me on a regimen of 1000 mcg methylcobalamin, tapered up to 5000mcg over a month. Then I started taking 400mcg methylfolate and tapered up to 800mcg over a month. During that time I started feeling...