• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Need advice on sleeping right through the night

Thanks for the replies :) it's nice to know I'm not alone in this battle for a decent night's sleep!
  2. L

Need advice on sleeping right through the night

Hi everyone :) I need some advice! I used to be on a barrage of tablets to sleep: Amitriptyline, Pregablin and Mirtazapine. I decided I was through feeling like I was drugged up and fed up with the side effects (massive weight gain). So I am now off Amitripyline and Mirtazapine, but struggling...
  3. L

Seriphos - not working every 2nd night?

Thanks for ur reply Mary, I hve started taking it during the day as well and have slept soundly the past two nights. Long may it continue! I suppose it's just a matter of trial and error. Thanks for your advice, has kept me on the right path! X
  4. L

Seriphos - not working every 2nd night?

Hi everyone :) I really need some advice and hope some of you can help. I recently took the ASI spit test and it turns out my cortisol is high at night (which I suspected as I get energy at night and really struggle to fall asleep). I was advised by some lovely people on a Facebook group I am...
  5. L

Crash has just knocked me off my feet

Thanks Mary, I'm off to buy some pantothenic acid online just now! Really appreciate your advice on that, and thanks for the link :)
  6. L

Hi whodathunkit, nice to know I'm not alone with the OCD! It drives me mad, I wish I could just live with mess and not let it get to me, but that anxious little part of my brain just takes over! A cleaner would be lovely, but I have social anxiety as well, so not sure how I'd cope - what am I...
  7. L

Thanks jeff_w - it's great to have all these lovely replies, really helps me feel less lonely! x
  8. L

Hutan, you totally get me, I'm borderline OCD so leaving the house work does stress me, but trying to get it under control more. I have my husband here, but he's exhausted working long shifts, so I hate to ask him to do things on his little time off, but the targeting something specific sounds...
  9. L

Hi Ahmo, Thanks for the advice on antioxidants - I'm already on vit c powder, but will add in lots of green tea. Can't stand carrots, except for in juice, so will buy a load with the groceries this week and get juicing! I will have a wee Google about astaxanthine as that's completely new to me...
  10. L

Thanks whodatunkit! Sorry to hear about your grandmother, I lost my grandfather last June and I was so close to him, it broke my heart to lose him. Definitely going to ignore the tiny, anxious, OCD part of me worrying about the mess, you are v right. My mum used to always say "the house will be...
  11. L

Thanks Justy, that's exactly what I'm going to do. Think I just needed the reassurance that that was the right thing to do. Don't know why I ever let GP put doubt in my mind. "Be as active as possible" - it's so frustrating! x
  12. L

Hi Mary, how awful that must have been, I would be devastated if my house was flooded! I definitely think my adrenals are playing a part in this, going to do a spit test for proper analysis and then see where I stand! I'm already on a daily high strength B vitamin complex and monthly B12...
  13. L

Thanks liverock, it's a daily struggle to deal with the overwhelming grief. It definitely makes you take another look at your life and evaluate what's important! x
  14. L

Hi everyone :) I'm new to Phoenix Rising - been getting sick of Facebook so went looking for forums and came across this one. I lost my mum at the end of March and I was doing ok, just keeping really busy so I was always around people and didn't really think about it, then around the 6 week...