• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

Pregnenolone - breaks needed?

Thanks Ema for your explanation and thoughts, it's really helped to clarify it all. Think I will try and get a hormone test too, see what's going on ....
  2. T

Hi Woolpippi, I must say your quote 'feel good, grow a moustache' did make me chuckle!!!! :-O I understand his point though, very well - a moustache would make you feel bad in itself!!!!! :/ So would you not take pregnenolone because you couldn't be sure what it was converting to? Although...
  3. T

Well I 've not seen it stipulated anywhere that its women, rather than men should take a break :/ This is the link of what I've read - what's your feelings on it? http://www.raysahelian.com/pregnenolone.html Thank you!
  4. T

I only came off because I read you weren't meant to stay on it continuously ... Even on the Souce Naturals bottle it says not to be taken for more than 30 days continuously..... Who knows! Maybe it's just a case of do what works best for you - no one size fits all..... Thanks Heaps!
  5. T

Hi Heapsreal! Yep, agreed ..... Suppose tapering anything is a good idea if you've been on it a while. I am maybe just missing the supply of it, if I was low in it anyway if you see what I mean?! From what you've read, do you think breaks from it are needed? Kind regards,
  6. T

Hi, Thanks for your replies! It's a tough one isn't it! I think I probably did shock my system coming straight off it ..... Should've tapered down if anything, then gauged how I felt. Have just taken my 2nd 10mg pill (first one back on it was yesterday morning). Drob31 - what country are you...
  7. T

Hi, I'm 45yrs old and I've taken pregnenolone for about 3yrs now - 10mg daily, sublingually. I was prescribed it by a private dr for my cfs, lyme, hashimotos and possible perimenopause etc. I came off it a month ago as I read you should have breaks from it and shouldn't take it continually...
  8. T

Bioperine (black pepper extract) & SSRIs

Thanks Liverock Hi, Yes, I intend to wean myself off it with one that doesn't contain it. The circumin didn't contain it, but apparently has a similar action itself (why then it's so notoriously hard to absorb I don't know ... Hmmm). The temptation is to come straight off it, but that's...
  9. T

Bioperine (black pepper extract) & SSRIs

Hi, I've had a downturn on my health this last year and have stumbled across something I wonder which could be (even partly) to blame. I've noticed 2 of my supplements now contain something for absorption called 'Bioprenine' (a total of 8-13mg/ day) depending how much co enzyme q10 I take...
  10. T

Bioprenine (black pepper extract) SSRI/ SRNI

Hi, I've had a downturn on my health this last year and have stumbled across something I wonder which could be (even partly) to blame. I've noticed 2 of my supplements now contain something for absorption called 'Bioprenine' (a total of 8-13mg/ day) depending how much co enzyme q10 I take...
  11. T

IV Ganciclovir anyone?

Hi! Well after prolonged side effects (kidney pain etc) I finally feel a bit better from the drug now. My Dr hasn't allowed me yet to start the Valtrex but has said at the moment to start Artesunate which I did yesterday (started off tiny and building up slowly); with a view to adding Valtrex...
  12. T

IV Ganciclovir anyone?

Well I won't lie, the side effects etc have been blooming awful! I had kidney pain etc too, despite drinking lots and supplements to support the liver and detoxification. What made the Ganciclovir 'cheaper' is that although it was 666 for 6 IV's (that '666' should have been a sign!), it was...
  13. T

IV Ganciclovir anyone?

Ganciclovir IV experience Well ...... Basically it didnt suit me (quite badly in fact). I got most of the documented side effects and struggled in for my treatment (dont know how!) on day 3 (after 2 IV's) and was so ill the Dr sent me straight home. The drug wasnt clearing from my system...
  14. T

IV Ganciclovir anyone?

Well ..... That was the recommendation from my Doctor .... Valcyte was never mentioned in fact. Is Valcyte very expensive? I think you've probably hit a nail on the head though ... In my experience anyway (see below)
  15. T

IV Ganciclovir anyone?

Thanks Jenny! I'm sorry Jenny, I missed this post of yours (I seem to be making a habit of that! :( ) Really appreciate that info .... Did you get a P/X from BS then, rather than get it direct from them? That's a good price, thanks. How are you getting on on Valtrex? I took it a few years...
  16. T

IV Ganciclovir anyone?

You're a diamond! :o) I will defo google the probenecide .... Sounds a great tip to cut costs! Will help too if I ever do the Lyme abx treatment. Will look it up on one of those interaction checkers. :o)
  17. T

IV Ganciclovir anyone?

Hi Heaps! Many thanks again ..... There's some great suggestions there, and I will ask her about the Probenecide (I'm on a slow release antidepressant though so I do wonder if there could be an incompatability issue there). Thanks in advance for the 4rx info. I've since looked on their site...
  18. T

Can anyone recommend an online pharmacy that sells Famvir and/or Valtrex?

Thanks Orion for posting this question .... I couldn't have asked it better myself! I want this info too on cheaper sources for these 2 drugs (am also in the UK) and I'm going to use these suggestions to order my supplies! :o)
  19. T

IV Ganciclovir anyone?

I know you've talked about Famvir previously and you got on well with it .... I must say that one does interest me. Funny tho, here in England you don't seem to hear much about Famvir. If I stay on the Valtrex I'm gonna have to find a cheaper source online as I just can't afford the 79 a week...
  20. T

IV Ganciclovir anyone?

PS. Heapsreal .... Do you know if Ganciclovir works by stopping the virus replicating, in the same way as Valtrex? It doesn't kill/ destroy the virus as such?
  21. T

Acyclovir

Hi, I've been on Acyclovir and Valtrex. I felt grim on Acyclovir; tired, dizzy, nauseous, headaches .... Tried it a few times and had the same reaction everytime unless I took tiny (probably innefective) doses. I've previously taken Valtrex (for shingles) and found it excellent, and am about...
  22. T

IV Ganciclovir anyone?

Well I don't mind being a cat .... As long as I don't have the whiskers. Being a girl, that really would be beyond it!!!! I'm bit of a latecomer to PR, was over at Prohealth more as you know ..... So much to read here; hence my 'lurking' lol! By the time I've read, I'm then too tired to post at...
  23. T

IV Ganciclovir anyone?

Hi Heapsreal, Lovely to hear from you! :o) Hope it works out and gets me outta this slump. I'm doing the IV Ganciclovir for a week .... Then the oral Valtrex 1000mg (2x 500mg) twice a day. Interesting what you say about the Immunovir/ Cycloferon, thanks for the tip. I tried Imunovir before...
  24. T

IV Ganciclovir anyone?

Hi, I'm due to start a 6 day daily IV course of Ganciclovir on Monday. I wondered if anyone else has had it and how you've got on? I've had a major flare up, with painful glands everywhere, extremely exhausted, migraines, night sweats and hot flushes. I've previously (years ago) tested...
  25. T

Damn cats! Cats, Bartonella, XMRV and CFS

Bartonella positive Hi, I'm in the UK and I've tested positive for Bartonella (aswell as Lyme and Ehrlichia). When I 1st became ill (1987) I was working as a veterinary nurse and had to leave due to ill health. I've not regained health since. I've been round animals all my life and rescued...