• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Questions about Dr Cheney's Klonopin/Tranxene protocol

Well, I´m already on 2 mg Klonopin ... Tapering the drug directly failed in the past and the current situation isn´t any better. Tranxene or diazepam ? Diazepam is more common. Cheney seems to have had many patients, so I wonder how people managed to withdraw from Klonopin. Or are his former...
  2. B

Questions about Dr Cheney's Klonopin/Tranxene protocol

Information about this protocol seems to be extremely scarce. My interest is in the 'withdrawal' part with Tranxene/dexepin elixir or otherwise. Did anyone here actually go through this ?
  3. B

Withdrawing from clonazepam/Klonopin

Thanks, anxiety wasn't the issue. Muscle relaxant and for neuropathic pain, but that's mostly not an issue anymore. I've noticed a line on this forum (paraphrasing) 'the protocol for withdrawing from Klonopin is by switching to Tranxene and Doxepin elixir, then tapering the Tranxene' by a Dr...
  4. B

Thanks. I didn't expect to find a real solution. If only there was a good 'non-benzo' to get off it.
  5. B

In a nutshell: this drug causes more harm than good. 2 mg a day. Any protocol/method to withdraw from this drug other than tapering the drug itself or stopping cold turkey ? I know there is a dr Cheney that advocates tapering with Tranxene and Doxepin elixir, but that single line was all I...