• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Z

Doing cheap version of methylation protocol in UK?

Iherb is not useless for people in the EU, it does not take 2 months to receive a shippment from them. I've received shippments from them in a week, no customs problems whatsoever. A lot of other people have too.
  2. Z

Doing cheap version of methylation protocol in UK?

1) the site does not represent itself as an EU site shipping from within the EU 3) customs are not controlled by Iherb, even so, customs do not seize packages coming from outside the EU - I live in the EU and I know that for a fact. The fact that you had one bad encounter with your local customs...
  3. Z

Have Freddd's theories been backed up by Dr. Kendall Stewart?? Please read if interested!

It's my understanding that "L. Reuteri" refers to a large family, not a single particular strain and that there are significant differences between strains. I also remember seeing various articles describing the folate and cobalamin production as insignificant when compared to human needs...
  4. Z

Lack of chatter about the Ketogenic Diet

Related threads: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/very-low-carb-diet-made-my-m-e-worse-anyone-know-why.12726/ http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/the-diet-for-me-cfs.210/ "Several years ago I lost 65 lbs following a very low carb ketogenic diet with 16/8 daily IF...
  5. Z

ME/CFS Awareness in Romania.

Hi @bananabas As you might have figured out for yourself, this is a bad place to be if you're chronically fatigued. After seeing a couple of dozen doctors over the past ten years, I ended up with a list of people to never visit again and just a few that helped. I know one that really helped me...
  6. Z

Sorry to hear that & thanks for sharing, for all the praise keto got so far online, I thought I was the only one having troubles with it. If it's any help, I've been having some luck recovering with psyllium husk and chicken soup - the kind where you simmer the bones 8+ hours to extract the...
  7. Z

Yep, microbiome good, antibiotics bad, even worse when on low carb, that was my experience. That's an interesting read, it's upsetting that people need to crowdfund such studies but if that's what keeps things moving forward then I guess that's how it's got to be. " We’re more microbe than...
  8. Z

@Hip, According to what I've read, once you get over an upper limit of carbs, it can take days (weeks?) to get back into keto, but there's a lot of non-science floating around, so who knows. I've also read that the more you stay in ketosis, the easier it is to get back into it after going back...
  9. Z

I feel that I need to update this with a few warnings... -Constipation can get bad, very bad. In my case it was bad when I started, then things got semi-regular. Unfortunately I had to take some antibiotics and that eventually led to extremely painful stools, there was blood, pain afterwards...
  10. Z

@Bdeep86, yes, since you've gained water weight and you're still craving, it's safe to say you're not adapted - I lost weight very fast in the beginning, but going by bro-science it was probably water weight. I can and do use tea and coconut oil & butter coffee now (did not in the beginning...
  11. Z

What is it? Food cravings? Fatigue? Being dizzy? Can you do a low carb diet generally or is it just the high fat part that is unpleasant? I went through some sugar withdrawal symptoms that I would call abnormal in intensity, but then again, I don't know what the norm is.
  12. Z

https://www.reddit.com/r/cfs/comments/2qsm8o/links_between_diet_and_cfs_particularly_ketogenic/
  13. Z

You should have explicitly mentioned those things before. Otherwise it can mislead people. What I am saying is it was bad advice since you didn't mention crucial details. Also, this being a me/cfs forum, the carb tolerance will probably be low since a lot of people here are unfortunately bed...
  14. Z

I'm sorry, but I'm having trouble understanding why you're doing keto in the first place if you introduce things like carrots and pumpkin. It's easier to not eat them. There's also a guy on youtube spreading false keto recipes using onions, bell peppers and tomatoes in his cooking. I know it's...
  15. Z

Welcome evatious! I'm really interested about the way you transitioned into going to the gym (since it always depletes my energy) and what, if any, supplements are you using?
  16. Z

This touches on ATP, mitochondria and ketones, interesting bits at 22:15 If you have the time, watch it all. I didn't know it takes a lot of ATP to make the sodium-potassium pumps work - and I've had potassium issues in the past after going on methylation supplements.
  17. Z

Also, re: probiotics, you can try to make a long-fermented yogurt (under 24 hours, but still probably more than 10 hours) and then strain the whey. This allows the lactose to be digested by the culture and the remaining whey carries a lot of it out as well, it's low carb & high fat - try to...
  18. Z

I started fasting, went into low carb and now doing a keto-like diet (because I'm not sure my fat intake is still there). I don't have everything figured out yet, but I had a few awesome days on it. You need to manage your minerals, iron and water intake, just check "keto flu" on reddit and...
  19. Z

Unfolded Protein Response and A Possible Treatment for CFS

It can be done with a large database using associations, but the real problem will be people randomly upvoting/downvoting substances, symptoms and general spam. It needs full time watchdogs and the end result might not reveal so much. It's as much of a technical challenge as it is a human issue...
  20. Z

Probiotics - preventive therapy for depression?

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0889159115000884 Bifidobacterium bifidum W23 Bifidobacterium lactis W52 Lactobacillus acidophilus W37 Lactobacillus brevis W63 Lactobacillus casei W56 Lactobacillus salivarius W24 Lactococcus lactis (W19 and W58) Ecologic®Barrier, it's...
  21. Z

Alternative Ways of Administering High Dose Vitamin B12

Update on the cream testing: I need to try this with another brand since results are very inconsistent from day to day (but so is my reaction to using the pills in my mouth) and I need to reduce the variables. The skin on my hands is also really hydrated, I'm concerned that using this daily...
  22. Z

how did you get out of "bedridden level" ??(even if you are still sick)

Low thyroid and/or liver function are just a few of the things that could give you extreme fatigue, have you gone through a process of ruling out the most common medical causes of fatigue? Is there anything that makes you feel better? Have you had medical imaging done? Blood panels, etc? What...
  23. Z

how did you get out of "bedridden level" ??(even if you are still sick)

Methylcobalamin Vitamin D Those were probably crucial for me. Check for possible infections, lymph nodes, took antibiotics when necessary, had some old tooth infection (throat too) that I did not know of, still not fully fixed, but removing what was there helped a lot. Liver protectors...
  24. Z

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/active-b12-protocol-basics.10138/ at "things to avoid"
  25. Z

The reason I purchase well known brands from big online stores is that I hope they actually test what's in the pills and they have a reputation to defend. If I had any way of testing the bulk stuff, then I would consider trying it, otherwise I wouldn't touch it because I don't want to risk...
  26. Z

I feel it's slower and more gradual, yes. I don't know how it compares to the sprays, those could be superior - and easier to use. I suppose it depends how much cream you use and how large the skin surface you apply it on is, it's my understanding from reading this forum that methylcobalamin is...
  27. Z

I signed up to post this, I put a Methyl B12 5000 sublingual from Now Foods (warning: contains folic acid, do not use if sensitive to it! - I used that because it's the only one I had on hand) inside a folded napkin, smashed it a bit with a meat hammer, put the powder inside a small tea cup and...